Little Librarian

Start bij het begin

As time went on Thranduil began to coax you to spend time with him outside of the library. Taking you for walks in his garden, claiming you needed the fresh air. Letting you read the books in his personal study. Teaching you to ride, even letting you on his elk.

Then Thranduil began to ready for his triennial two month long visit to Imladris to see Lord Elrond. And to your complete and utter shock, he included you in his entourage.

His given reason was that it would be a great opportunity for you to have access to Imladris' libraries. But privately he admitted to you that his biggest reason was he felt like his trip would be more pleasant with you along. You whole heartedly agreed.

The trip was indeed pleasant. The sun shone brightly, and a warm breeze swept through the grasses, swaying them gently. You sat in one of the carts, and happily read or enjoyed the scenery. Occasionally Thranduil would ride next to you, and would keep you company.

At night your tent was always set up near Thranduils own. And most nights he would creep over with some wine, and talk about anything and everything. He even managed to convince you to sneak out of camp with him to admire the stars.

He had gotten more tactile with you during the journey. Often touching your arms, playing with your hair, or occasionally even wrapping his arms around you.

Your heart leapt at the attention, but you furiously tamped it down. You refused to read into the situation. After all, as a voice in your head that sounded suspiciously like your adopted "family" taunted,
there was no way that a king would be interested in you!

The whole party was welcomed with open arms upon reaching Imladris' gates. Thranduil was whisked away by Lord Elrond almost immediately, and the rest of you were shown to your rooms and left to settle in.

Having done so, you went for a walk in the gardens. You had heard much of their beauty, and were not disappointed. You found them even more stunning then their reputation.

While wandering, you noticed a older woman up ahead tending to the flowers. Hearing your approach she turned.

You immediately recognized her. You saw parts of that face every time you looked in the mirror.
Your mother.
All of the blood rushed from your face, and you swayed on your feet. You felt as though you had been struck by lightning. It had never once occured to you that you might meet her here. You now felt incredibly stupid for not having considered it.

No sign of recognition crossed her face. You stood frozen to the spot in shock as she approached.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"I... You.... Me.... " You stuttered as you abruptly leaned against the nearest tree and fought to regain your composure.

She looked perplexed now. "Do I know you?"

" I'm... I'm.... Y/N..... Your daughter." You finally said after a long pause. You could feel your hands shaking despite your best efforts to hold them steady.

A hard look settled on her face, and when she spoke her words were sharp, angry, and clipped.
"You are no child of mine. I have no daughter. And if I did she would certainly never be anything like you!"
Her eyes swept over you. There was no missing the look of distain. 

Your legs gave way beneath you. But you did not fall. Strong arms caught you around the middle and held you his chest, keeping you upright. You didn't even have to look. It was Thranduil.

Then he opened his mouth. Anger laced his voice as he spoke. "Y/N certainly isn't your child anymore. You could never deserve someone as wonderful as her.
You abandoned her and never looked back, and are therefore unfit to even be in her presence. And as you are unfit, I order you to leave at once!"