MET WITH EACH OTHER

Começar do início

"Not about the Mr DCP of Chennai who had an eye on a surgeon in Bangalore." She said with a smile on her face. She looked complete with it and tinch of happiness in her eyes.

"You know, this village is so beautiful." I said looking around at the roof top of houses and long gopuram(entrance towers of temples) leaning at the terrace boundary.

"Villages are always beautiful. You just need to take some time and feel it." She told turning to the west side as sun was setting down and I was just admiring her looks.

Not so long hair, the always smiley face..

Few more minutes passed silently passing glances and smiles at each other.

"Shall we go down? Or they might come here." She asked seeing the retreating birds.

"Yeah." I told and we went down.

Down at the living area the scene was different. All seemed to be normal and jovial as if nothing happened. Did they know what she is going to tell or what is This?

I cleared my throat creating attention and walked to sit beside appa and Thattha. Vrushali already went and stood beside Vidya but no one knew. All their faces turned serious as they looked at us.

"So, have you both had a talk? what have you decided?" Vrushali's paati asked breaking the awkward silence.

"Vrushali, I know this might seem as absurd yet it's your choice. No one is in pressure." Amma said in her most sweet voice, the always calm voice.

"If my answer to this proposal is what you all want now then... My answer is..." Vrushali told looking at each and everyone here with her serious look. All of them had curiosity stricken face as is they are watching the climax of the most thriller movie of the year.

"OK" she said in low voice yet being audible.

"Huh?" Chorus occurred from everyone's mouth.

"Yes, I am ready for this marriage!" She said smiling slowly nodding her head. I had no boundaries for my happiness

"I am really really happy today. Just by your word Vrushali! I was longing for a daughter since so many years. Now my wish is being fulfilled!" Amma went and hugged her and kissed her forehead.

"Sambandhi, from she is now not only ours but your daughter too." Vrushali's mom told hugging her sideways. There was smile and chuckle filled atmosphere here.

"Finally you thought of having a 'soulmate' life Mr DCP! I thought you might be single forever!!" Rishi said tapping my shoulder as if he was encouraging me!

"Dei" I gave him a glare.

"I am happy, Aadhi. We are going to have a daughter in our house after your mom and grandma. Thanks." Appa said sincerely
I know how mom and dad wanted a daughter.

"Pa.."

"What next Satyam, engagement after Pongal?" Thattha intervened our and everyone's chats and giggles.

"You said right Mama. Now anyways we have to make preparations for Pongal why not extend it with their engagement here itself?" Her mom, my future mother in law added.

"Good idea Saranya. Infact if possible we can keep the marriage today too. They can't wait for it I suppose." Vidya joined her and chuckled looking at both of us.

All the family members accepted it...Engagement after Pongal...

We were having dinner. Special dinner for a special surprise of our marriage. While I was eating the delicious sambar Vidya came from back and sat beside me.