Opening the door, Jisung's eyebrows furrow at the sight in front of him.

In front of him is a girl who looks like she's in jail—and her aura radiates beautiful white energy.

"Who are you?" the boy voices out.

The girl snaps her head up, wondering if her eight-year-old mind can trust the boy in front of her. He's just a kid, though. She could easily trust him.

"I-I'm not good at speaking," she says, her small voice cracking.

"Oh," Jisung pauses before walking closer to the girl. "What's your name?"

"Hwa?" she says, although she voices it out like a question. "It has Hwa in it."

Jisung nods before smiling at the girl. "Well, I'm Park Jisung." The boy then takes out a granola bar, looking at it before holding it out for the girl through the bars. "You look hungry. Eat this."

The girl looks at the bar eagerly, nodding her head and taking the bar, touching his hand in the process. Unbeknownst to them, their soulmate tattoo has slowly being to etch itself into their skin, one that's only visible to the two of them and no one else.

Hwara eagerly rips the wrapper open, eager to take a bite. She hasn't had one of these in a long time. Just the taste of one bite makes her smile.

Jisung looks at the girl who sits in a white dress, seemingly shining against the dark metallic room. She looks like a flower.

"Well, since you don't really know you're name, I'll give you one!"

The girl pauses before looking at the boy. "What is it?"

Jisung gives her a bright and wide smile to the girl in front of her, one she can only view as hopeful.

"Daisy!"

***

When Hwara comes to consciousness again, she finds herself in a comfortable bed and laying down. Immediately, she tries to sit up but only falls back down. Clearly, her wounds still haven't healed as it's only been twelve hours since she was last conscious.

The girl feels like she's only been there for a couple of hours but is extremely thirsty and hungry. She tried to sit up again, but this time vision spots came, causing her to fall back down and just look at the ceiling.

However, Hwara's been missing for four days now, and tomorrow's Tuesday, June 2nd. Tomorrow's the day of her eighteenth birthday. She doesn't know it, but her bodies slowly preparing for the awakening of her bond right now, making sure that the soulmate can begin the moment she turns eighteen.

Hwara thinks back to Minseok's words. She can't believe that that man is the reason for her to be blank when it comes to memories. Although, it makes sense. She feels unexplainable fear whenever she's near him, which only further confirms that he's a red flag.

She thinks back to just a couple days ago when she was alone with Jisung. They were talking about her eighteenth birthday, and how they'd have a mission that day. She was perfectly fine with it—after all, she truly enjoyed her missions. Jisung had also opened up a bit about why needs the money.

He told her that his mother is sick in the hospital and that he's the only one who can help. His obsession with Choi Jina is only because she's the reason his mom ended up like that. Hwara immediately considered Choi Jina someone she wanted to kill because she hurt Jisung's family.

Then, Sungchan had walked inside and ruffled her hair, learning about just how much Hwara has been learning from Jisung. Her progress made her brother happy. He was hoping that maybe he'd see the real Hwara again one day. It's not that the current Hwara is different. They have a lot of similarities, but the real Hwara has many things that hold her back from doing things. That's what makes her herself, and it's something the current Hwara really cares about. Not that she can remember, though.

Eventually, everyone in Dream plus Sungchan and Shotaro hung out, playing games for hours on end and ordering pizza. Jisung stayed too.

Thinking back, Hwara wants to go back to that day. It was a lot of fun. Renjun was still normal then, too. She likes that. She misses that. She misses all of them. She misses her brother ruffling her hair, Jisung spending a couple of hours just to teach her, Jisung and her going on missions, Chenle and her talking for hours on end, Jaemin and her cooking together, Shotaro and Jisung practicing dance together while she watches, Renjun and her watching Chinese dramas, Mark being cute while she annoys him, etc. She misses each and every one of them, and that feeling has never been stronger.

Thinking about them, she finally activates her last resort, praying that it works.

Jisung's situation isn't any different. As he scours the city, looking and looking continuously for his partner-in-crime, literally, he can't help but worry for the girl. If she was kidnapped, the emotions she has a chance of feeling are pain, fear, and longing. Although she probably won't understand them because only her soulmate could her there, he still couldn't stop being worried about her.

He misses her a lot. She's the one who brought him back partially to his old self, the more social one. Something he realized too late is a feeling he can't do anything about.

He likes her.

Yes, she's like a psychopath or something. She doesn't care about anything. Yet, her objective view on things is why he's gotten so much help from her. It's as if she knows how hard things are for him that she chooses to help him unknowingly—maybe by taking the brunt of the killing or sacrificing a portion of her share to help him pay his mother's hospital bills. She likes being quiet around him, she likes falling asleep in his car, and she likes the same music as him. He likes that. He likes that he can read her emotions easily, whereas others can't even differentiate between her happy state and angry state. He feels like he knows her better than anyone, even if he only knew her for two months.

But, she has a soulmate. She has missing memories. She has Solus Alexithymia. The personality he knows probably isn't real.

Nevertheless, he can't help who he likes.

So, as he alone travels throughout the vicinity in all of Seoul, searching all of the leads NCT has currently pulled up, the boy falls into a state of frenzy.

"Do you know her?"

The man in front of him frantically shakes his head. Jisung, irritated, ends his life with one motion. Everyone in the club is dead. It's another dead end.

He's slowly going crazy again without her.

A/N: I feel like this book is so bad lmfaoooo why are yall even reading this

A/N: I feel like this book is so bad lmfaoooo why are yall even reading this. anyway, we got a background piece in Jisung's life for like the first time! i felt like it was time to reveal somthing.

as i look through previous chapters, i wish i did a better job in portraying hwara and jisung's relationship and adding in more moments. but, i guess i was holding off until a bit later. Ill add in some hwasung fluff later on, after this arc.

anyway

cya in the next one :)