Chapter Eight

"Hey, Mickey."I answer "Where are you." He sounded mad at me. "Didn't you read the note?" I sass back. "yeah, but where are you now." His voice softens up. "I'm going to Enzo's, then straight to florida." I hear a car door close on his end.The phone hangs up and I pull down the long dirt street to Enzo's. He sees me and looks confused. "I'm moving. Taking a trip to Florida." He looks confused. "Why?" I think for a minute. "To get air? Or adventure? I don't know," I hear a car pull up. "What about your family?" Enzo asks. "What about them" I hear my name being called. "Hey Mickey!" He walks up to me. "I wasn't planning on bringing people but I guess you can come"

"Your missing the point." He holds the bridge of his nose and pinches it. When he drops his hand he tells me that I'm getting in his car and going home. "Youll have to catch me first." I yell as i run up the stairs to the roof. I see Enzo go to talk to mickey before he can chase me. I bult up the stairs and run to the edge of the building. I could make the jump, land on the ground and run to my car. "Amanda, What are you doing?" I hear Mickeys voice. "Jumping to my car?" I tell him. He steps closer. I take a step further. "We are almost four storys high." He points out. "The car will break my fall." I tell him. His eyes are wide. "Amanda  get down from there." He tells me. "Hey. Get down." I hear Enzo yell from outside. I look down to see him staring at me. "I wont get hurt. Ill land it." I yell down to him. I go to step off when I feel a hand grab me and pull me onto the floor of the roof. I laugh a bit when my body hits the wooden platform. "What the FUCK." Mickey yells at me. "NO, we are going home." I roll my eyes. "Shit your bleeding" He tells me. "Must have fallen on something when you shoved me." I grabs my arm tightly and holds my side, forcing me close to him. I go to pull away but I cant. "No, If I let you go you'll try to jump again."

We get in the car and no one speaks. He parks in a parking lot and I give him a funny look. "You probably have some sort of bad weed or food posining in your system. Make sure your alright." I get our and see a doctors office. "Come on Mickey. I'm fine." He tugs me. "Mikhailo. Stop" He stops when he hears his full name. He turns to look at me and for a split second i think he'll let me go. But he turns back and walks us in. "Shes bleeding and acting weird." Someone rushes over and then walks us to a room. She covers the beeding and turns to mickey. "And you are her..?" I go to say friend but he beats me to it. "Brother." She nods and looks at me. "Are you on drugs?" She whips out her notebook. "If you test me i probably have something." she writes and then turns to me. She asks me random questions about what I've eaten, how I feel, If I'm tired, in pain. Then she asks mickey to meet her outside. I lean into the door to listen. "Is their a history of Schizophrenia, bipolar, other things like that." She asks. "Mothers bipolar." He tells her. "Has she ever been sad or depressed and then energetic, done anything that she normally might not do, Sometimes its speaking fast or acting slower." Its almost as if i can hear him thinking. "Yeah, She tried to jump four stories today because she thought she could make it to her car. She slept for two and a half days afew days ago and she wouldnt get up, even to eat. This isn't the first time. Once she wanted to sell drugs in Mexico so she could buy a pop-tart." I can hear her writing on her pad. "Does she sleep?" There's a hesitant pause. "Some nights she sleeps for days and others she doesn't sleep for weeks. "

Mickey and I refuse to believe what the doctor told us. After listing my "reckless behavior", and telling her some of the other "Symptoms" She hands Mickey a bottle. "We can try a few different meds." I laugh. "Meds? My mom's not on them and she's fine." Mickey drops his conversation with the doctor and turns to me. "She has like ten kids, runs off and comes back, tried to sell you for drug money, helped you burn a house, and drives a stolen car you gave her." I laugh. "Okay, but I'm not like her,"

The next month becomes a mix of hanging at the Gallegers and going to Mickeys. Mickeys rushan whore is pregnant and its his. Ive been doing better. I got meds for everything that I keep hidden in a small bag in my backpack. Mandy hit Keren with her car. Serves her right, shes a nasty, ugly whore. Lip is only ever there, taking care of Karen. I skipped the court date for Fiona to gain custody and because I didn't go she didn't get it. Everyone was mad, but this way I can get intruble and not have anyone blamed for it. Me and Ian are close. Me and Debbie are too, I babysit Carl because im not inschool and Carl seems to idolise me. I dont talk to Fiona much. Shes mostly working and I don't spend a lot of time at "home". Most days consist of, waking up taking my pill, taking a shower, getting food, going for a walk, visiting Mickey, eating lunch, taking my pill, Cleaning the house, taking a walk, waiting for everyone to get home, then doing whatever till dinner and bed.