Chapter Six

We walk down the street and find the car half a mile down. "Let's go," I tell him as I pry open the door and hotwire the front under the wheel. He laughs as I push him in and start to drive. "Wait a minute, you're not even old enough to drive." I snort. "I'm driving illegally, with a stolen car, to sell it on the black market with drug dealers." We both laugh and I turn on the radio. We pull up to Enzo's and he's waiting for us. I hop out and drag Mickey out. "Mickey, meet Enzo, Enzo, meet my idiotic best friend." Enzo chuckles and puts out his hand. "You guys working together?" Mickey doesn't talk but stands next to me. "Nah, He has family problems, Terry Malcovich beat the shit out of him because He found him fucking a red-haired boy." Mickey's eyes widen and he whispers "Dude what the fuck!" Enzo looks at him. "Need me to take care of your father." He offers. "Only $5,000 because you're a friend," Mickey tells him it's fine and looks confused at me. "No homophobes here buddy, We have this gay dude who works here. One of the best in the business. No one fucks with him." He looks around, probably to spot the gay dude. "The family I told you about, Wants to adopt me." Enzo smiles. "That's great." I kick a can next to me. "No, it's not great, what's family ever done for me. " He looks hurt. "Well I get you jobs, bail you out of jail, give you bed to sleep." He pauses. "I'm not family, but close enough to say that you would make a great family member." I laugh. " I paid for their bills, the rest of the year and they got mad."

"Do they know how you got the money?" He asks. "Yeah, not from who though." Mickey shifts further from me and goes to talk to some men in the corner. "That's why You stole a car. Money isn't the cleanest." He hands me the $4,000 and I hand it to Mickey. " no hard drugs" I tell him as we walk out. Mickey and I walk back to the hotel. "I paid ten for nights. Food and tv included. You can stay here. I'm going back to the Gallaghers for a little." He hugs me. Pulling me close and kissing the top of my head. "I'll stay here if you stay there." I look at him and shake his hand. "I'll stay with them," I tell him and he smiles. "Day ten, you come to find me and we can talk about what to do about Terry," I tell him as I walk out. It's a three-mile walk and I get back before dinner. I open the door and everyone is sitting around the dinner table. "Amanda, your back," Carl says. "Yeah, Gave Mickey some cash, he's at a hotel right now. We got into a fight with Terry at his house and I couldn't leave him." I tell Fiona. She nods and grabs me a plate of spaghetti. "I see you guys liked the delivery."

"How much do you have? Money I mean." I think to myself, trying to get the amount to pop in my head. "Under $56,000" I start eating. "You should put it in an account." She tells me. "Going to, Tomorrow. I'm too tired today." I respond."I called the courthouse. We can get a hearing in two weeks and get custody." I look at the table and everyone is looking at me waiting for a response. "I mean, It wouldn't be that bad if we made it official. But we would need Monica and she isn't here." I tell them. "We have Frank, who if you take a DNA test and he is your father we can argue that he has custody and we wanna take his custody of you." It doesn't make a lot of sense to me so I just agree and try to finish dinner. I'm so tired and my energy is gone. I walk into the living room and lay on the couch while the rest of them talk.