Chapter 6

Cry's p.o.v

           I sigh and look at Ian, "What are you reading?" I ask, bored. Ian looks at me over his book and peers back down at it, "The Mortal Instruments, City of Glass." he says, I nod and he goes back to reading.

    "Is it the first one?" I ask, he shakes his head, "The second one." he says, I nod again and he looks up at me, "I have the first one, if you want to read it." he says, I visibly brighten and he chuckles.

    "I'll go get it, be right back." he says and puts in his book mark and setting the book down. I smile happily and he walks to his room, I see Toby out of the corner of my eye, he's walking towards me.

         "Hello Cry." he says, I nod at him and look back down at the piece of paper I was drawing on. I draw randomly, I pretend to be caught up in drawing so he won't talk to me.

       "How are you?" he asks, I sigh inwardly, "Fine.." I say faintly, he nods and sits closer to me, our knees almost touching. I squirm a little, he's too close for comfort.

      "What're you drawing?" he asks softly, I shrug and he moves even closer to me, I feel him place a hand on my knee and I blush. "What are you doing?" I ask quietly and frantically, Toby smirks and shrugs.

       "You're cute Cry." he says, I flinch away from him when he tries to touch my cheek. "P-Please stop." I say, Toby frowns and moves closer to me, "Cry, don't be scared, I know how to take care of you." he says, his sickly sweet voice starting to scare me.

             Toby trails his hand up my thigh and that's when I lose it, I jump up from the couch and run out of the room. I bump into someone and fall to the floor, landing hard on my butt, "Oww." I mutter, "Oops, sorry Cry." Ian says and helps me up, I nod at him and freeze when I hear Toby walking over to us

      I hide behind Ian and he looks at me in confusion, "Why are you hiding?" he asks, I look down and shakily chuckle, "I'm not hiding." I say but shut up when Toby walks over to Ian, I duck my head and Ian seems to take the hint, making himself look bigger and hiding my slender form.

         "Hey Ian, have you seen Cry?" Toby asks, I tense and Ian shakes his head, "No, I thought I saw him run to his room though." he says, Toby nods and walks away, I sigh loudly and Ian turns to look at me.

       "What was that about?" he asks, I rub my arm and look up at him, "Would you believe me if I said nothing?" I ask chuckling faintly, he raises an eyebrow and I sigh, "Toby scares me." I admit, Ian's eyes widen and he looks at me in surprise, "Why does he scare you?" he asks, I squirm under his gaze and he softens it.

       "What happened while I was gone?" he asks, "Do you promise not to get mad?" I ask, Ian grows more suspicious but nods hesitantly. "He sat next to me and put a hand on my knee, he kept flirting with me even when I told him to stop, eventually he tried to move his hand up my thigh but I jumped up and ran in here." I say softly.

    Ian sighs and smiles at me, bringing a hand up to ruffle my hair. "It's okay Cry, I'm not mad at you, just Toby. If he tries to do that again tell me and we'll tell Snake together, Toby isn't allowed to do that, even if he does like you." he says soothingly.

           I smile back at him and nod, "I might have over reacted a bit though..." I say, trailing off. Ian shakes his head, "No, I know why you did what you did. It's perfectly understandable." he says.