CHAPTER 24

Ashton P.O.V
I went home and took a quick nap. Afterwards, i got dressed in a black tuxedo,white shirt underneath and a black bow tie. I was now in my car heading to Alexis house. When i got there,i rang the doorbell which revealed a good looking Alexis.

"Hey"she said

"Hey,you ready"i said

"Yeah"she said sounding nervous

"You look hot"i said

She was wearing a black dress which fitted her curves perfectly and showed her cleavage.

"Thanks,so do you"she said

We walked hand-in-hand to my car,when she asked"so where are we going?"

"You'll see"i said

We got to the beach where i already prepared a table for two. I opened the curtains and we walked in

"Wow,this is lovely"she said

"You like it"i said

"Nope,i love it"she said

I moved the chair for her to sit down. We chatted for a while before i asked

"Alex,will you be my girlfriend"

"Yess"she exclaimed

I kissed her and she responded. She was smiling against my lip. We then pulled apart.

           *******************
            Alexis P.O.V

Twenty minutes later, Ashton dragged me into an old diner,swearing on his life that i was about to taste the world's greatest tacos.

When we entered the warm room,i was immediately enthralled by the coziness of the place,followed by the mouthwatering smell of Mexican food.

We then went to a table for two when a lady came and adjusted her dress,showing her cleavage and battling her fake eyelashes at Ashton.

She then asked "please what would you like?"

I then put my hand on Ashton's hand on the table making her give me a death glare.

"We would like the taco"i said

"Okay,I'll be back"she said then stomped off

Ashton burst into laughter, earning glares from the people around us.

"What's funny?"i asked

"You look so cute when you're overprotective"he said poking
my nose making me chuckle.

"Here is your order"the lady said then left

Once she left,i looked down at my plate. The tacos looked amazing.
It was kind of pepperish,but i ate anyways. I drank a lot of water,i was relatively calm. Ashton was laughing

"More explosive than fireworks right?"He guessed,looking entertained.

I nodded then shrugged,"i suppose,I've never actually seen fireworks in real life-"

"What?seriously?"Ashton said with wide eyes.

"Yeah"i muttered,"pathetic, i know"i said laughing,"I've only seen it on TV,but obviously that's not the same"

"Of course it's not. Fireworks are incredible.I'll show you"he said

He pulled out his wallet, threw a few bills onto the table and grabbed my hand

"C'mon,I'll show you"he said

"What?now?"i questioned

"Yeah.Now"

"Where are we going?"

He smirked,"to have a date worth remembering"

****************
I watched,horrified as i quickly caught onto what Ashton was about to do.

"Ash,no! We're going to get in trouble"

"You think too much babe"

He walked towards me,i couldn't help but feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins. He reached over and tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"I've said it before but you look beautiful tonight" he smiled.

"I found it"he grinned, retrieving one of the bobby pins in my hair and going back to what he was doing.

I watched,awestruck, as Ashton professionally picked the lock to an abandoned shed. A few second later,when a click was heard,the lock as well as the metal chains fell to the ground.

I bit my lip,"This is so illegal"

"But babe,that is the fun of it"he smiled. The naughty glint in his eyes never left as h opened the doors,only to reveal boxes upon boxes of...

"Explosives?"i cried,not believing my eyes as Ashton grabbed a couple of red cylinder objects."Are you crazy?"

"Do you want to light it?"he asked,looking excited

"What?!No!"

"Oh c'mon, live a little babe. Have some fun"

"This is not fun,you are trying to land us in jail Ash"

"The point is...."he emphasised,"that you're just surviving not living"

My eyebrows knotted in confusion,"what?"

"Ask yourself lex,Are you alive or just breathing?"

I froze my words getting lost

"This is where you say,oh Ash,so hot and full of wisdom, how did i ever doubt you"

"Shut up"i mumbled,averting my eyes from his making him laugh.
Oh boy,i was starting to fall in love with the sound of his laugh.

"So...?are you going to just stand there or...ow!"he playfully whined when i shoved him, grabbing the matches.

"If we get caught...."

"We won't"he said

I smiled and light the match.

"Here goes nothing."i murmured before i witnessed the rope catch on fire.

I looked up at Ashton in shock,before he grabbed my hand and yanked me in the other direction,"RUN!"

Adrenaline kicked into my veins as i found my legs trying to keep up with his pace. I was excited and petrified at the same time, and Ashton holding my hand was the only thing stopping me from collapsing.

When we were a couple meters away from the lighters, Ashton stopped making me crash into his stone hard chest. He held me there protectively, his warm arms encircling me.

"Now watch"

One by one,lighters of all colours and sizes lit up the night sky with a bang. The moment was perfect. I wanted it to last forever.
But then the sound of police cars filled our ears.

Ashton cursed and grabbed my hand again,"Alex,we have to get out of here,let's go!"

All too soon i found myself being dragged towards a forest.

"Are you okay?"He said

"That....was....incredible!"i said in between laughs.

"Ash,that was amazing"

"Date worth remembering?"he said and then he crashed his lips to mine.