"Prepare for intubation." Jihyo ordered her resident. "Get me three bags of A neg., run the blood exam CITO."

"Charging to 200J, Dr. Kang."

"Everybody clear!" Seulgi announced before she pressed the button. Lisa's whole body jolted up by the electric shock. After that, she did the compression for two minutes then focused her gaze on the monitor.

"Still V-fib!"

"Push 1 amp of epinephrine."

"Injected 1 amp of epi."

She started the CPR again then looked at the monitor. "V-fib. Charge to 200J! Everybody clear!" Seulgi was getting tired, but she refused to give up. "Come on, Lisa!"

Everybody in the room stared at the monitor expectantly. The silence was deafening.

"Sinus rhythm. She's back."

"Starting intubation," Jihyo nodded to the male resident as he injected the drugs to Lisa's system. Afterwards, Jihyo skillfully inserted the endotracheal tube from Lisa's mouth.

"Clear, Dr. Park." The resident confirmed as the sound of air was rightfully placed in Lisa's lung.

"OR is ready whenever we are, Dr. Kang," a nurse informed.

"Page cardio and trauma. We're going to the OR! Be careful, people!"

---

"What are you doing?" Seulgi asked Jisoo as she brushed her hands.

"I'm scrubbing in." Jisoo replied shortly. Her eyes were set to the OR in front of her, watching Lisa being transferred from the bed to the table by the anesthesiology team.

"No. You go get Jennie."

"You're not going to argue with me, Seul."

"I'm the lead surgeon on this case, Dr. Kim. You're not joining in."

Jisoo punched the sink harshly. "She's my best friend, damn it, Seul!" She shouted frustratingly.

Seulgi clenched her jaw, ignoring Jisoo's objection. This was not just case. Lisa, her best friend was lying on the OR table. She had to open her up, exploring her stomach, fixing whatever damaged she might find in there. Picturing it in her head made her nausea.

"I talked to her this morning now she's in there what eve... how's that even possible?" Jisoo leaned by the wall. She didn't know what to think anymore.

"Go get Jennie, Jisoo, and help me."

"Help you?"

"We're operating on Lisa without her consent. Lisa might not be able to make it. Explain it to her. I don't think I..." The doctor took a deep, long breath while she scrubbed her nails with sponge. "It's all on me now, Jisoo. If I fail, Jennie will hate me. Her children will resent me. And I lose my best friend. Make her understand. Please help me."

"Seul..."

"And check on Dahyun. I need her. The bullet is really close to the diaphragm." Seulgi lifted her arms and walked into the OR. "Get Jennie and let her in later."

---

"I give up!" The 26-year-old Kim Jisoo slumped on the couch. "I can't do this anymore."

The same old Lisa glanced at her side then pulled Jisoo by the collar, forcing her to sit straight. "Three chapters to go, Chu. Get your priority right."

"My priority is my sanity. My brain can't process anymore shunting procedure. You know what? I'm going to take plastic."

"Why?"