CHAPTER 2

Lan Wangji POV :

It's been two days since then and I haven't received any news about Wei Ying. I wasn't able to get up from bed at all. Xichen-xiong would come every day to treat my wounds and talk to me about what's happening inside cloud recess. But he never told me anything about Wei Ying at all. He came in today as well to treat my wounds, "Xichen-xiong, do you have any news on Wei Ying?" I asked.

"You should rest, Wangji. Your wounds are still not yet healed" he said after a few minutes of silence.

I got up to sit on my bed, "Xiong, please tell me. Tell me what's wrong? Why are you avoiding my questions? Is he alright?"I asked worried. My heart started to beat fast by the looks on his face. He looked down, sad and guilty.

"Xiong?! Tell me what's wrong?!" I held both his shoulders and gave him a shake.

"Wangji! You should rest. I have some works too. We will talk later ok?" He said and got up to leave. But I held him down and looked straight into his eyes, "Tell me xiong.... what happened? Did they caught him? Is he in danger?"

He kept his eyes down without saying anything. I knew something was wrong. "He... Wangji....Young master Wei along with the Wens were burned down to ashes by the four clans". My heart stopped, eyes went wide. "What did you say?" I asked again to make sure if I was hearing it wrong. "Wangji.... he is gone. He was backlashed by his own puppets. Most of the Wen's bodies became unidentifiable after killing them and burning the place down. But...his body was never found. The last thing anyone saw was all his puppets going towards his room. When we went there.... not even a single mark was left behind of his" he said as tears started to fill his eyes. "No, no,no that's not possible. No one can harm the Yilling Patriarch. And he had told me before that he can control his puppets well. He must be still out there. I must go Xichen-xiong". I felt like everything has become blurry. I got out of jingshi and flew to burial mounds where I had left Wei Ying. I heard some people along with Zewu-Jun calling out my name and telling me to stop and don't go as I took off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The view I was welcomed with as soon as I reached the burial mounds were burned woods and ashes. The entire place was burned down. I got off my bichen and started looking for him everywhere, even calling out his name loud enough so he could hear me and he would come out of his hiding. But it was complete silence that I received. My heart was beating fastly and tears started to flow down my cheeks as I dragged my wounded body again and again through the burial mounds searching every single corner. "Wei Ying!! Wei Ying!! Please....... please come out!! I'm sorry I couldn't keep the promise!! I promised you I will protect you, yet I couldn't! Please come out Wei Ying.........I'm sorry...!! I love you Wei Ying.....do you hear me? I love you!. Come back.... I will not oppose you in anything. I will not stop you from playing around or bringing emperor's wine to cloud recess. I will join you as well like you have always asked me to...so please...please Wei Ying.....Come out" I fell in to my knees and burst out crying. "Wei Yiiiiinnggggggggg!!!!!!" I cried out loud. Suddenly I heard a sound of something moving behind me, but when I turned around, I didn't see anything. I heard that sound twice, thrice...it was coming from near the tree behind me. I quickly went over hoping to see Wei Ying, "Wei.." but it was A-Yuan, the little boy who used to be with Wei Ying always. He was unconscious, "A-Yuan? A-Yuan can you hear me?" "Mmnn" he whined. I touched his forehead. I was right, he is burning up. I quickly took him in my arms and looked around one more time, "Wei Ying...I will come back" i told myself. It was getting dark and A-Yuan is not well either. I have to take him somewhere safe and get him treated.