❂ 002. the thief

Start from the beginning

Nodding respectfully to his General, Wolffe hid his small smile at the name. Excusing himself from the briefing room, he was ready to inform his men of their new mission.

It was surely their strangest request yet since the war started.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

STANDING ABOUT THE BUSTLING MARKET, Eisha sighed. Scanning the shelves, her hands remained tucked inside her empty pockets, fingers playing with the loose wrappings inside. Walking about, she stuck to the shadows, concealing herself in the Force.

Though, a little loth-cat had over plans.

Groaning as he walked between her legs, he tripped her up yet again. She scowled at the cat, "Do you mind?" Peering up at her, he merely mewed, rubbing his cheek against her shin as her arms crossed. Violet eyes rolling, she petted his head, "Go home, I need to get us some food."

Meowing in protest, the Vashuni shook her head. Hollering back over her shoulder, she continued towards the stalls, "I'll be home soon!" Inclining her head to the market, she sighed under her breath, "Well, I hope soon."

Strolling past a stand, she swiped a fruit. Then another as she bounded to the other side of the marketplace — each vendor as unsuspecting as the next. Nowadays, Eisha rarely got caught; one too many lessons and threats of punishment quickly caused her to brush up on her thieving skills.

Particularly, that time with the Pykes.

Smirking at the memory, she dipped her head down at the passing police droids; avoiding eye contact as she hugged her cloak closer. Passing by, there was certainly a simplicity to the life the Jedi had forced her to lead the destruction of her old one resulted in this. Though, what was once hell was now freedom. Only, freedom came at the cost of loneliness.

Eisha wished she still had someone to hold.

Gnawing at her cheek, she bit back the thought; gaze narrowing at the large cart brimming with food for the lonely thief. Blinking back the tears, she replaced sorrow with a daunting smirk.

"Gotcha."

Approaching the unsuspected merchant's cart was easy, and her next step of swiping a few fruits off of him was even simpler. To say merchants were an easy pick was an understatement, the lot of them were always far too busy bargaining and haggling with anyone they saw on the dingy street.

'They'd haggle with the fleas on their body if they could.'

Hiding the goods in her overly baggy cloak, she began to make her rather casual escape. Turning on her heel, she headed out of the marketplace seemingly unnoticed.

Of course, Eisha could never truly have such a simple day, could she?

"HEY, STOP! THIEF!"

Snapping her head behind her in an instant, her violet gaze fell on the very merchant she just stole from as he glared daggers her way.

Groaning internally, she slapped her head, "Damn it, Eisha! Stop looking back when people say, thief—"

'—Honestly, it's like I want to die.'

Backing away slowly, and hoping to make her daring escape around the corner, she watched the merchant calmly. A sheepish smile overtook her usually calm façade, 'It's just a merchant.'

The man's eyes rapidly locked with the police droids.

'Ah, shit.'

"Time to go!" Words hurrying under her breath, she darted away; police droids rushing to pursue her. Cringing she glanced back, her eyes widening at the growing number of pursuers.