"Oi, Longbottom," James shouted at Frank through gritted teeth, "Who was your roommate that had the room to himself last night?"

Frank answered James in a confused tone, wondering why he would need to know, "Erm, Rory McLaggen, why?"

At hearing McLaggen's name, James snapped his head towards Elsie. She wouldn't have. She told me they were just friends...

"Don't tell me it was him," James seethed to the girl sitting next to him, a hint of pain flashing through his angry eyes.

Elsie's sadly looked up at him, "James, I-,"

"You're kidding right?!" He angrily said while cutting her off, "You fucked McLaggen?!"

Elsie had no idea what to say, nor did she like the attention that was drawn to her at the moment. She knew the boys would be mad, and that's exactly why she didn't want them to find out. They were protective over her, especially James, and she was too embarrassed to answer his question. So, she sat there silently looking down at the table.

James knew the answer to his question as soon as he was met with Elsie's silence. Anger coursed through his body, and suddenly he had enough. He furiously stood up from the table and stormed out of the Great Hall, knowing exactly what he needed to do.

Elsie sat there speechless as she watched James leave, while all her friends copied her actions. Everyone turned to face Elsie with a sympathetic look on their face, except for one person. Remus was causally sitting in his seat smirking at the girl across from him. She wanted to ask him why he was doing that, but she knew she needed to go after James. So, she stood up without saying a word and ran out of the Great Hall to follow her best friend.

As soon as she left the hall, she spotted James scornfully speeding down the corridor. She ran after him until he passed his own dorm, stopping to wonder where he was going.

She continued to follow him and realized he was heading for the Gryffindor Tower, only losing sight of him for a second as he slipped through the portrait entrance. Elsie copied his actions and spoke the password to the Fat Lady before walking into the common room to find James violently clutching at Rory's collar.

"Don't you ever go near her, ever again," James shouted, his face red and hot with anger, "Do you not remember the shit you've pulled in the past?! How badly you hurt her? Don't you think you've done enough, you son of a-,"

"James!," Elsie shouted from where she was standing, catching his attention and letting the words on his tongue die off. At seeing the girl, James dropped his hold on McLaggen and proceeded to storm up the boy's dorm stairs.

Elsie ran up to Rory and placed a worried hand on his cheek, "I'm so sorry, Rory. He's acting like a git."

Rory just laughed it off, but his eyes remained stagnant, emotionless. Green eyes meshed with grey and Elsie felt as if a storm was brewing within his gaze, "I was expecting a much worse reaction from him. No worries, Princess. Just go check on him before he completely goes mental."

Elsie nodded and looked apologetically at Rory, before running up to the Marauders dorm. She closed the door behind her as she saw James angrily pacing in his room. When she walked in, he stopped and looked up at her.

"You lied to me!" He fumed while pointing at Elsie with a hurt look in his eyes.

"James, what are you talking about? I would never," Elsie pleaded with him while grabbing his hand in hers.