Chapter 17

Aria's POV

I woke up when my alarm ringed. I grumpily made my way towards bathroom to take shower since today is Monday meaning work day. It has been three weeks since I started working for Mr Nathan Parker. So far it has been going good. By good meaning he is still rude and arrogant but to think about it he can never change. God bless the woman who is going to spend her whole life with Mr Grumpy. Yeah I gave him this name because he is always in a sour mood. I shook my head to clear my mind and not think about him in morning. I took a shower and decided to wear dark green dress pants with matching blazer and white shirt underneath.(Outfit above) I tied my hair in high bun. I wore my watch on left wrist and my white heels to complete my look. I applied mascara and nude lipstick. I decided to apply a thin coat of eyeliner today. Rechecking myself in the mirror once more, I went towards kitchen to have my breakfast. After I was done, I went in my car and drove towards office since there was only 30 minutes left and I don't wanna be late. I know that Mr Parker hates tardiness and I don't wanna be in bad books of my boss.

I greeted Mel and went to 70th floor. Once I reached there, I greeted Claire and made my way towards my office. Mel and Claire have became very good friends of mine and mostly we have lunch together. From what I have learnt they are easy going, friendly as well as supportive. I looked at clock to see its 9:20 and Mr Parker wants his coffee at 9:30. I got up and went towards break room to make his coffee. Once I was done, I knocked on his door and after receiving permission I entered. I placed his coffee on the desk.

"Good Morning Sir. Here is your coffee. I have already prepared your schedule for the day. Should I read it out or forward it to you?"

"You can forward it to me, Miss Campbell. Also, I want you to go to Marketing department and meet Mr Molvon and get me this year's sales reports. I need you to prepare a presentation for tomorrow's meetings which is during lunch time. Remember, these are important clients."

"I'll try my best Sir and presentation will be done till morning."

He nodded at me and I took that as a que to dismiss myself.

I went to 50th floor which was alloted to Marketing department. I asked one of the employees there about Mr Molvon's office. She told me to go towards left corridor and the last door is his office. I knocked on his door and heard a come in. He was standing near window, his back facing me. But, I can tell he was young with his back muscles.

"Mr Molvon, I am Mr Parker's assistant and I need this year's sales report."

He turned around and I saw it was none other than Duke, Vi's cousin. That's why his surname sounded familiar. He smiled widely at me.

"Heyy Aria. Nice meeting you again."

"Heyy Duke. Didn't knew you are working here."

"Such a small world right. So you work as Mr Parker's assistant."

"Yeah"

"We should go have lunch together since we work together in same building. Also, I think fate wants us to meet again don't you think." He says last part wiggling his eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes at him. I didn't get that lover type feeling with Duke. He was more of a bestfriend for me.

"Sure. I would be honoured to have lunch with you." I bowed a little to add an effect.

He laughed and went to the shelves that were on right side of his office and bought a grey coloured file. He handed it to me.

"So when do you wanna have lunch with me Sunshine?"

I laughed when he called me sunshine. I could see the playful glint in his eyes which told me he wasn't looking at me in that way instead in a friendly way. Although, if people would see us chatting like this, they would think we are in a relationship.