The Ninjas Among Us

Hello again, everyone!

  I would like to announce that I am currently facing writer's block, so it may take a little while until I update again. I hope this isn't the case, and that I'll upload another chapter really soon, but that's the plan for now. I'm not exactly sure when I'll update next, but once I do, it'll be the two week schedule from there. 
  I'm also not feeling too confident about how well this story is progressing, but that absolutely does not mean that I'll abandon it! So, as a side chapter, I've uploaded this instead! It doesn't have anything to do with the original plot, but I decided to write about the ninjas playing Among Us! I hope you enjoy, and have a fantastic day!

  "What's this game we keep hearing about? I think it's called... 'Among Us'?" Jay said as he turned a corner into the living room. Nya, Zane, Pixal, Kai, Lloyd, and Morro were in their places, some of them sitting on either the couches or the wooden floor. Morro, being a ghost, was able to float, and he wandered the room lazily. "I've heard good reviews about this game," he said as he was hanging upside down, his long, dark and loose hair flowing down. It was clear to everyone else that he was bored and wanted to begin playing. Eerie music came from Kai's phone, since he was already on the main screen. Lloyd leaned over to him, peeking at his phone, and the Master of Fire averted his device from his gaze, making sure his friend wouldn't sneak a glance.

  "Oho, this'll be exciting! It's our first time playing, and I'm so gonna trick you all if I'm the bad guy—"

  "Imposter, Jay," Zane corrected.

  "Whatever! Anyway, you're all going down when we start playing!" Jay boasted, puffing out his chest with a grin. Nya looked at him, looking unimpressed but amused. "All the more reason to suspect you the first round," she said, laughing when Jay gave a pout. "I'm a ninja! I'll be so sneaky, you won't even know."

  "Imposter or not, I know I'm going to vote Jay off," Kai said, sticking his tongue out at the Master of Lightning when he made a face at him. "Well," Pixal began, "I believe Zane will be the winner of every round. He's very smart about these things." Zane looked embarrassed, but he held her close and lightly bumped his forehead against hers. "Thank you, Pixal. I know that I'll always protect you, even if I am the Imposter."

  "No fair!" Jay said with an air of disbelief, while Kai overdramatically looked taken aback, as if he'd been slightly offended from Pixal's comment of Zane having the highest chance of winning because he was "very smart about these things".

  Morro swooped in at the front, waving his phone at them, saying with impatience, "Hello? Are we going to start yet?"

  "Alright, alright, let's go!" said Lloyd eagerly, beginning the game. "The code is FRJXBQ."

  As everyone entered the code, Cole rushed in, almost tripping over his feet. "I'm here!" he panted. "Just needed to charge it." He pointed at his phone, a golden face of an Earth Dragon embedded on the black case. He took a seat near Morro, but he was careful not to let the ghost boy catch sight of his screen either. "The code?"

  He was given the code, and they all joined. As their little astronaut characters teleported into the main lobby of the game, Nya let out a small squeal of delight.

  "Aw! We look adorable! Oh, just look at how we walk!" she said with a wide smile, clearly enjoying herself while moving around the dropship.

  Pixal controlled her character to stand in front of what looked like a laptop resting on a metal box. She clicked the 'USE' button and realized that she could change her appearance. "Everyone! You can change your color and—oh!" They all gaped at their screens when they saw costumes of their ninja gi in the customizing section.