Chapter 12. Unexpected Surprises

Mia fell into a deep sleep between her two men. She'd been too exhausted to bring up her concerns when Aidan dried her off and carried her to bed. Tomorrow, she thought. Tomorrow I will talk to them about it. After all, there was nothing she could do about it now.

Aidan woke up in the middle of the night to find Kale pulling Mia out of his arms. He propped himself up on one shoulder and watched Kale stare down at her with a look of fascination on his face. He seemed completely captivated by her and couldn't seem to stop stroking and caressing her soft skin.

"She's beautiful, isn't she?" Aidan asked softly.

Kale nodded. "I can't believe she's ours. Aidan, never in my life would I have dreamed of having someone like her for real, I mean, I knew she was special, but I didn't know how much until now. She gave herself to me, as if I deserved her..."

"You do deserve her Kale which was why she did it and if she finds out you're still having doubts about it, she's going to be very upset."

"I don't have any doubts, anymore. I made Mia mine tonight and there's no going back. She's stuck with me forever; I just can't believe how good I have it now. How good we have it. It scares me to be this happy."

"Because you never thought you could be?" Aidan asked.

"Exactly," Kale agreed.

"It's scary for me too. I keep thinking something may happen to take her away from us."

Kale frowned at that and held Mia possessively. "Like what?"

Aidan shook his head. "I don't know. I guess I'm just nervous. I've never been this happy either and you know what they say, when something is too good to be true..." he stopped.

"Nothing is going to happen because we won't let it, right?" Kale looked down at Mia. "She's our happiness. It's true we live very comfortable and successful lives, but with all the money in the world, we would be nothing without Mia."

Aidan reached over and caressed Mia's hair. "Still, I'm glad we are wealthy and can provide for her. I want to give Mia everything she wants. She'll never be "lacking" of anything. I think that if we didn't have money, I'd go crazy not being able to buy her nice things."

Kale chuckled. "You will spoil her rotten and when she starts making outrageous demands don't look at me."

Aidan laughed. "I'll take full responsibility, but the way her eyes light up every time I surprise her with something is worth it.

Mia stirred in Kale's arms. They suddenly got quiet, hoping they didn't wake her. Kale looked down at her and back at Aidan with the most vulnerable expression Aidan had ever seen. He turned away so Kale couldn't see the way his brows creased in worry. He'd never seen Kale give his heart so completely to a woman, he hoped for both their sakes the life they were trying to have would work out. Loosing Mia would devastate them. He sighed; this was not the time to be depressed and full of morbid thoughts. They finally had what they wanted and they truly were happy.

Later that morning Mia woke up to find herself laying between two muscular bodies. Both Kale and Aidan had one leg thrown over hers and their arms draped over her back. She tried to rise up but couldn't. Those heavy limbs had her locked down to the bed. She really needed to use the bathroom. She poked Aidan in the shoulder. He stirred and suddenly grabbed her and dragged her into his arms. Now she was even more trapped.

"Aidan..." she whispered struggling against him.

"Mia," he whispered back half asleep and began to kiss her neck.

Mia relaxed enjoying his warm lips on her skin for a few minutes before her full bladder spasmed letting her know she was about to embarrass herself in front of both of them.