"Nope, I got a nice view from down here."

"Oh, that's good- wait... JAEMIN!" Renjun yelled furiously, a blush seared through his cheeks. He started ascending quicker. "I'll kick you off!"

"You wouldn't DARE," said Jaemin through a smile. Renjun humphed, knowing what the male said was true.

.

.

.

.

.

⊱ ────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ────── ⊰

.

.

.

.

.

Jaemin managed to get to the top first and steadied himself. He looked over his shoulder to see Renjun struggling to get up. Turning around, he held out a hand.

"Need a hand, Renjunnie?"

"Yes... please," said Renjun through heavy pants.

The Chinese male grabbed Jaemin's hand as he lifted the shorter male. As Renjun placed his foot on the mountain, the rocks under him broke off and tumbled down, causing the male to lose his balance. He felt his foot go down and was about to start flapping his arms around. He thought he was going to tumble down the mountain and die and have Jaemin cry over his dead body. He shut his eyes tight as he waited for the impact of his head being smashed against the ground and blood splattering everywhere. Let's just say Renjun watches too many K-dramas.

His eyes were shut tight, but he didn't fall. Before he leaned back too far, Jaemin swiftly wrapped an arm around Renjun's tiny waist and brought his body closer to his own. The Chinese male opened his eyes to see Jaemin's round, orb-like eyes looking back at him. Their bodies were pressed together, leaving no gap in between them. Jaemin held Renjun's petite frame while the Chinese's hands were on the male's shoulders.

"Did you think I'd let you die?" questioned Jaemin, bringing Renjun away from the edge of the mountain.

Without saying anything, Renjun buried his head into the crook Jaemin's chest, breathing in the familiar coffee scent to calm him down. The younger reached for Renjun's hand and walked to a particular spot on the mountain, still keeping one hand on Renjun's hip. There was a small wooden balcony that overlooked the tiny hills. They made sure to walk safely and looked at the beautiful view they saw.

Renjun's eyes opened wide as he stared off into the distance. His eyes traced the line of the horizon and paused on the broad mountains towering above it. The jagged peaks of the snow-capped mountains caused a stirring in his soul. A thirst for adventure and beauty awakened in his heart.

Jaemin moved his eyes away from Renjun to see the scene. He exhaled slowly, his breath clouding his view of the mountains. How truly beautiful and vast the earth was.

"It's... beautiful," breathed the Chinese, taking in everything.

"Not more beautiful than you," blurted out Jaemin, not regretting what he said.

"Wow. Way to ruin the mood," sighed Renjun while rolling his eyes before letting out a soft giggle.

Smiling, the Korean male planted a kiss on Renjun's cheek. The shorter felt warmth spread through his body.

"Any view that I see is beautiful. But it's always more beautiful with you."

"Honestly, I don't know how you ended up loving someone like me," Renjun said.

"Life is full of choices. Loving you wasn't one of them- I have no control over that."