10- Revenge and Avenge

Hermione woke up, and looked to where she remembered Draco last. His back was turned towards her and he slept.

She averted to her bag, got up, and changed her clothes. Sure, every time she entered the portal again she would automatically get cleaner, but the same clothes weren't doing it for her. She took them and went deep into the maze, but close enough to the middle so that she wouldn't get lost. She clutched her clothes closer to her while walking slowly between the hedges. She was so bored.

She turned her head just over her shoulder and saw Pansy and Theo giggling to each other. Man they looked happy.

She sighed and turned around the corner, to change. When she was done she took her time to sit on the grass and fold her old clothes neatly, and slow. She stood up slowly and walked towards the centre, looking around.

She came and saw Draco and Theo reading the paper, with Pansy, Ginny and Blaise standing side by side in front of them.

"Hermione, finally you're here, we've think we finally got it." Blaise said moving his arms, telling her to come over. She smiled and came, shoving her clothes in her small bag and joined the rest of them.

"Okay, so it's about sliding, right?" Theo said asking Hermione and she nodded.

"So we think that we all need to wear socks, and slide together." Draco said seriously. There was a silence and Hermione started laughing, and her friends giggled with her.

"What?" Draco frowned.

"You just said it so seriously, it's really funny." She finished giggling and she caught him smiling at her, just faintly, that no one really noticed but her. He still had that stern and cold look in his eyes that he always did though.

"So we've already got socks on, let's slide all holding hands." Blaise said proudly. Ginny and Pansy burst out laughing.

"What?" Blaise whined. But they just dismissed him as they all walked side by side. It was Draco, Hermione, Ginny, Blaise, Theo then Pansy.

Hermione had to hold his hand but before she did she looked up at him.

"3, 2, 1, slide!" Pansy yelled and they all slid slowly across the courtyard.

Hermione was doing well, but Draco kept slipping and regaining his balance.

She thought of a quick idea. She put her leg in front of his when he wasn't looking and he tripped. She let go completely and just let him on the floor, groaning at the pain of his back. The others didn't notice and she held onto Ginny, pulling out her tongue at him as she slid away slowly. He looked at her raising an eyebrow and quickly dived for her leg, pulling her towards him.

She let go of Ginny and she slipped back, making everyone slip back.

***

"Okay okay! I admit, the sock idea was a bad idea, at least I thought of something." Draco said to them rolling his eyes.

"Well what about just gliding a smooth pebble all together, at the same pace till the end of the courtyard?" Hermione suggested.

"Maybe.." Blaise said thinking hard. He wasn't sure.

"It does glide smoothly?" Ginny tried.

"There's no pebbles around, I don't want to look for any." Theo whined.

"I think Hermione is on to something. I'm going to go look for pebbles." Pansy smiled turning around. Theo's mood suddenly changed. "Yes that's a great idea looking for pebbles are the best! I'll help." He caught up to her and swung his arm around her, running and leading her into an opening to another room to find pebbles.

Ginny smiled faintly at them and then looked at Blaise. He was looking around until he finally caught her eyes and he suddenly became nervous. Ginny smiled at him nervously and he looked around awkwardly. What the heck? A girl like Ginny was smiling at him.

He didn't deserve her at all.

All while this sudden eye contact was happening, Hermione and Draco went in opposite directions to find pebbles.

***

"Okay, same order, let's slide them." Ginny ordered and they lined up.

Draco glared at Hermione as she crouched down and lined up her pebble.

"3, 2, 1, slide." Blaise concentrated and they all slid theirs. The six pebbles slid gracefully till the end, and the crystal portal materialised at the end of the courtyard.

They all jumped up. Pansy and Ginny went to hug Hermione. They were happy they were finally moving on, Hermione was too. She squeezed her friends tighter. She didn't want to stay here anymore.

They all let go and went to their bags on the side, when Hermione felt a sharp pain at the back of her head. She gasped in surprise and turned around. Draco had thrown the pebble at her. He smiled at her while getting ready to throw one more. He did, and she ducked, quickly collecting the two pebbles and throwing it back at him.

"What are you guys doing?" Blaise asked in surprise. and all the attention was now on Hermione and Draco.

"He keeps throwing pebbles at me!" Hermione yelled throwing a pebble at Draco, smiling.

"You just threw one at me!" Draco replied back innocently, throwing a hard one to her, that hit her arm. She laughed and rolled her eyes. "It's time to go." She said. They all linked and went through.

The girls let go and the guys went off to the side.

Hermione looked around. They were in the dark, in the woods, with a big mansion just in front of them. A fountain right at the front and stairs led up to the door. She felt the paper in her pocket and read it to Pansy and Ginny.

"And then two became one, that fit perfectly together."

"Is that it?" Ginny said taking the paper softly and examining it as Hermione nodded.

"Let's go inside." Pansy suggested and they nodded, about to yell over to their three other teammates, when they'd been interrupted.

Hermione looked around. They were in the dark woods, behind them a beautifully lit up manor, and they entered, Ginny with the clue in her hand.