Killing me Softly

Start from the beginning

Jungkook suddenly stands up and claps loudly as the song ends, too loud for people to turn to look at him, Taehyung acts quickly to not make it an embarrassing situation and joins too making everyone applause, the singer bows and a lady arrives to sing with him, Taehyung avoids them looking at Jungkook who was now smiling but his eyes crying as he tries to walk away from the place, Taehyung quickly pays for their drinks and follows Jungkook, they just exit when Jungkook bends and pukes, Taehyung quickly holds him to stable his body as he clears his stomach, vomiting out all the drink, he rubs Jungkook back while Jungkook tries to push him away, unable to even stand. Taehyung holds him tight, takes out his handkerchief to wipe Jungkook’s face and makes him sit on a bench nearby as he quickly walks back to the bar, bringing a water bottle with him and helps Jungkook to drink water and wash his face.

“It is okay” Taehyung says as he pulls Jungkook up and tries to look for a taxi. Jungkook laughs.

“Mr. Kim, where are we going?” he slurs.

“Home” Taehyung says as he stops a taxi, and quickly tells them the destination, Jungkook frowns but sits inside with Taehyung’s help. Taehyung feels like babysitting Jungkook throughout the ride, not letting his head fall as he doses off from time to time and holding onto him, he pulls the hood to cover more of Jungkook’s face, opens the window for some fresh air, he also doesn’t let Jungkook talk much to not expose his identity and pays the driver immediately as they reach Taehyung’s home, he helps Jungkook walk through his room, one arm holding his waist other one holding his hand over his shoulder the place was quite, Jin and Jimin were not yet at home, he walks straight to his room and almost throws Jungkook on his bed, sweating from the hard work Jungkook made him do.

Jungkook who was quite drunk doesn’t mind it and asks “Would things be different if she was alive?” Tears rolls down his eyes to the sides, Taehyung looks at him, then lies next to him, panting a little.

He takes his time to answer “In this world there are many things we don’t get clear answer of, fate and luck also plays their role in our lives” Taehyung looks at the ceiling, Jungkook’s eyes were still closed but he was listening.

“Everybody knows about my past, they write articles on it, but they only know what I told them, just some fragments, I told them my parents are dead” Jungkook frowns, his head aching making it difficult for him to speak so he closes his mouth. Taehyung patiently waits before getting up and untying his shoes taking them off and putting them to the side, he slowly makes Jungkook get up making him lean on his chest as he pulls out his hoodie, Jungkook looks at him through his half opened eyes for few seconds then  closes it leaning on his chest and letting him do the tasks for him. Taehyung pulls him up from the place and makes him lay his head on pillow, pulling the covers to make him comfortable.

“Rest, don’t talk” Taehyung says, patting lightly on his forehead.

“Why do you trust me?” Jungkook asks, his throat was hurting making his voice hoarse. Taehyung looks at him, it was difficult to understand what Jungkook was saying so he leans close. “That boy today he said I am a person who end his own parents and will now end Freed”

Taehyung looks at him wide eyes “Why…would he say so?”

“His brother was a trainee here but Freed got the chance while he is still struggling till now” Jungkook pulls the cover closer. Apparently he was venting his brother’s anger on Jungkook. 

Taehyung understands it he glances at Jungkook in pity and sits to the side of the bed on the floor “Sleep, we will talk about it when you are sober” Jungkook doesn’t say anything else and remains quite. Taehyung waits for sometime looking at the man in front of him he reaches out to touch Jungkook’s hair but stops midway when he sees Jungkook’s phone vibrating and caller ID showing Sia, he freezes on realizing what he was about to do. He puts the phone on silent, sighs and gets up, closing the door quietly behind him.