The Fight for Erebor

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"No" She whispered as Dwalin held her shoulder making her wince and follow her eye line towards where Thorin was running.

"ARTEMIS!" Dwalin shouted as she escaped his grip and chased after him only to skid to a halt when she saw Thorin jump down into a hole and catches a nearby rope, with Smaug then following him over the edge.

"THORIN!" She screamed as she ran to the edge as Dwalin manages to get the rope to bring Thorin back up from the hole, but Smaug catches him with his mouth causing him to stand on his mouth. Watching him balance and Smaug's stomach beginning to glow she leaped off the ledge with the rest of the group calling out for her as she noticed Balin over on a smaller ledge down below. She knew if she pushed Thorin over there he would catch him.

Just as Smaug began to open his mouth to unleash fire she landed beside Thorin and shoved him out of the way before quickly placing her hands in front of her in hope of shielding the fire as she was blasted back up and caught by Dwalin. She groaned as he flung her gently over his shoulder and ran as her clothes smoked and had a few holes in them as her hands smoked. Patches of soot stained her skin and hair and she knew only a good bath would release her from the smoked smell.

She let her eyes close slightly to rest before realising that the dwarves had gathered in the forges where the furnaces where stone cold. Gently placing her against one of the stone pillars the others all ran in different directions puffing and panting. Bilbo rushed beside her to see if she was ok as she opened her eyes weakly to nod. Feeling a warm firm hand on her cheek she leant into the embrace as she knew that warmth anywhere. Thorin let his eyes scan over her form as she held his hand gently before wincing as he helped her to her feet.

"The plan's not gonna work. These furnaces are stone cold." Dwalin reported.

"He's right. We've no fire hot enough to set them ablaze." Balin agreed. Artemis watched as Thorin turns and smiles as they hear Smaug approaching.

"Have we not?" He chuckled as she ran over towards him, more liked limped and stopped in front of him and placing her hand on his forearms so he would look and listen to her.

"For Durin's sake Thorin! Why couldn't you have just listened to me! Now I have to worry about you stubborn dwarves!" She scowled at him as the smirk on his face confused her. He looked like a boy on Christmas morning as he cupped her cheek not really looking at her but rather behind as he placed a gentle kiss on her cheek and walked past her. Leaving her frowning and shocked she quickly turned once he began to taunt Smaug.

"I did not look to see you so easily outwitted!" He shouted as it made Artemis uneasy.

"Thorin!" She warned as she saw Smaug start to climb out of the hole.

"You have grown slow and fat in your dotage. Slug!" He shouted as Smaug turns to him in anger and Thorin faces the dwarves.

"Take cover. Go!" he quickly warned as they did as he told as Artemis growled and stormed over towards him.

"Thorin you should have let me dealt with it. Now you're putting their lives at risk!" She shouted as he shook his head glancing at her.

"And what about you? You can't last much longer...."

"That is because I am stronger in my dragon form. But I have no moonlight in here!" She screamed in desperation and fear as Thorin grabs hold of her as the dwarves hide behind the stone pillars as Smaug unleashes his fire into the forge which is so hot it ignites forge's fire. Artemis' back was against the stone with Thorin leaning over her to prevent any harm coming to her as he buried his head in her neck as she did the same.

"Bombur! Get those billows working! Go!" Thorin instructed as he kept his arm around Artemis' waist pulling her along with him as Bombur goes off as Smaug is trying to break through the iron gate of the forge.

"Bilbo! Up there. On my mark, pull that lever." He instructed as Smaug continues to breaks through the Iron Gate.

"Balin, can you still mix a flash flame?" He questioned as Artemis kept her eyes on her angered father as he began to scratch at the melt in hope of it giving way.

"Leave him to me. I will buy you as much time as I can" She promised as she went to leave only to have Thorin hold her tighter.

"I won't lose you" He whispered huskily in her ear as she sighed.

"That is not for you to decide" She sadly whispered before she made her way closer to the gate as her father stopped for a moment to watch her.

"You side with the dwarves? You can watch them burn before I kill you!" He yelled as he smashed against the gate a final time breaking through. Summoning part of her reserved strength Sofus was able to alight as the two dragon began to battle buying the dwarves extra time. They all waited in their positions for Thorin to give them the mark as he painfully watched as Smaug was beginning to thrash the weakened Artemis.

After seeing the opportunity Thorin raised his hand as they all grew ready as Smaug went to give the killing stroke he stopped and looked up to see Thorin dropping his hand.

"Now!"

Bilbo pulled the lever which releases the water and douses Smaug causing him to fall over backwards as the water starts to make several gears turn as gold begins to pour and slowly start to melt. Then as Smaug paces towards Thorin, Balin and Ori throw flash fire at him. It's not working as Gloin cuts a rope holding gold and sends it crashing onto Smaug, at the same time Thorin pulls a lever which pours molten gold down a path.

"Lead him to the Gallery of the Kings." Thorin shouted as he rushes and rides down the molten gold, Smaug starts destroying the forge which makes Bilbo fall from his position.

"Keep going, Bilbo! Run!" Artemis cried out as she escaped down a separate corridor clutching tightly to her stomach. Bilbo follows the rest of the dwarves with Smaug following them to the Gallery of the Kings. Thorin jumps off the barrel he rode and grasps a chain as the liquid gold starts to set into a mould. As Smaug runs Bilbo down when they enter the Gallery of the Kings Bilbo. The tapestries fall hiding Bilbo underneath.

"You think you can deceive me, barrel rider? You have come from Lake-town. This is some sordid scheme hatched between these filthy dwarves and those miserable trading lakemen. Those snivelling cowards with their long bows and black arrows. Perhaps it is time I paid them a visit." He snarled darkly as he turned to leave.

"This isn't their fault! Wait! You cannot go to Lake-town!" Bilbo cried out as Smaug stops and turns to Bilbo.

"You care about them, do you? Good. Then you can watch them die!" He hissed as he turns and starts to make his way out.

"Here! You witless worm!" Thorin shouts out as Smaug stops and turns to face Thorin who is standing on top of a large column.

"I am taking back what you stole." Thorin bravely spoke.

"You will take nothing from me, Dwarf. I laid low your warriors of old. I instill terror in the hearts of men. I am King Under the Mountain." Smaug hissed.

"This is not your kingdom. These are Dwarf lands. This is Dwarf gold. And we will have our revenge." Thorin roared as Thorin and the dwarves pull apart the large column of stones to reveal a giant gold statue of Thorin's ancestor. Thorin holds onto the chain in the air as Smaug is enchanted by the gold when suddenly the gold liquid falls apart taking Smaug down and covering him beneath all the gold. Thorin smiles and lets out a cheer believing they have destroyed Smaug watches as suddenly Smaug rises from beneath the sea of gold and fuming with anger.

"Ah, revenge! Revenge! I will show you revenge!" He roared as Smaug bursts out of the mountain and flies towards Lake-town.

"What have we done?" Bilbo whispered in horror as everything went quiet as moonlight burst into the hall. Slowly coming out from the darkness clutching her wounds she confidently stood into the moonlight as fire began to swarm her. Glancing back at the dwarves she held a said smile and smirk as her body glowed and eyes grew red. Thorin cried out her name in hope that she would remain behind as she was lifted into the air transforming painfully into a dragon.

As her paws landed softly on the stone she bowed lowly towards Thorin before her wings carried her sharply in the direction of which her father had gone.

"ARTEMIS!" Their voices cried out as her eyes hardened in determination. This battle would end now. The time for fear was over. It was time for the prophecy to be fulfilled.