𝟐| 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄

Start from the beginning

This was the longest time Iwaizumi has been able to take in Rin's appearance and presence that it left him in a state of shock.

How could she be so beautiful in school clothes?

Iwaizumi felt a fuming heat reach his cheeks at the sound of her genuine, heartfelt laughter caused by some joke one of her friends at her table told.

Even the sound of her laugh is adorable.

"Iwa-chan. Tell them that their serves are nothing compared to mine."

Iwaizumi tore his gaze off of Rin and glared at Oikawa. He looked from the setter to the other third years, rolling his eyes in the process.

"I've got class."

"What do you mean you have class? Lunch isn't even over yet!"

"Exactly."

And just like that, Iwaizumi got up from their shared table, slung his backpack over his shoulder and left the lunchroom to be somewhere more quiet.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

It was nearing the end of the day, and Rin was ready to crash into her mattress any minute now. Between working a part-time job at the bakery, homework, and researching colleges for her future, she was too exhausted on some days. On top of all of that, she had to take care of herself because her father was rarely at home He had many business trips that he was required to go on for his work, and as a result, there was less time for Rin to spend with her father.

When the bell rang, it wasn't surprising to find Rin being the first one out of the classroom after saying her goodbyes to the teacher. Her yawns could be heard from miles away as she began her walk down the hallway of the large private school she attends. Rin stopped at her locker, which was near the exit that lead to the gymnasiums, to grab some of her textbooks and homework.

"Rin-chan!"

Her head left the inside of her locker, and her hand smacked it shut as her other hand held onto her books and journals. Approaching her from the main stairwell was none other than the famous setter on Aoba Johsai's volleyball team, but it seemed weird to Rin that there were no screaming girls around him for once.

Oikawa had his eyes closed and his hand waving at Rin as he walked up to her.

"Where are your fangirls?" Rin asked, curiously, as she placed her books into her backpack. "I... actually don't know. That is odd, isn't it? Oh well, they'll be back tomorrow morning," Oikawa replied, shaking his head with a smile on his face.

Rin hummed in response, zipping up her backpack. She heaved at the sudden addition in weight once she tossed her backpack over her shoulder. Oikawa tilted his head and let out a light laugh at the sight of Rin getting herself together after adding the extra weight.

"Shouldn't you be off to practice right around... I don't know, now?" Rin asked, beginning to walk down the hallway. "I can walk you to the gates and come back here before the coaches arrive," Oikawa spoke, stuffing his hands in his khakis pockets.

"And why would you want to do that? I'm fully capable of walking to the front door myself, Oikawa-kun," Rin commented. "I don't mind. Besides, this is kind of like a thank you for making my milk bread a few days ago," Oikawa replied, leaning his head back a little.

Rin giggled a little, forcing Oikawa to open one eye and look at her. His smile faded a little as he saw the girl trying to hold in her laugh.

"Last I checked, Iwaizumi-kun had bought the milk bread, therefore it is his milk bread. Unless, of course, you paid him back for it," Rin pointed out with a smile. "Did Iwa-chan put you up to this? I told him I would pay him back! Why doesn't he ever believe me?" Oikawa whined, slouching his shoulders.

"There were many times when you've said that, but you are still in debt because of it. If I were you, I'd pay him back before he remembers you owe him money," Rin suggested, patting Oikawa on the arm.

In a matter of minutes, Oikawa and Rin arrived at the front gates of the school at the same time as the other students who were leaving. Some girls ended up giving Oikawa gifts and said their goodbyes to him before leaving which earned a sigh from Rin, knowing this would happen eventually. These girls were like pack animals whenever their prey has been spotted, and in this case, the prey was Oikawa.

And, everyone wants a piece of Oikawa Tooru.

As Rin detached the lock around her bike's wheel, Oikawa's phone began to ring with a unique ringtone. It was Oikawa saying I'm better than Tobio-chan, and it sure caught Rin's attention, earning a confused look from her.

Oikawa stuffed the cookie he was eating in between his teeth so he could pick up his phone from his pocket.

"Yahoo- OW!"

Oikawa dropped his cookie on the ground and immediately pulled the phone away from his ear at the sound of some angry yelling coming from the other side of the call. Rin stifled a laugh as she continued to set up for the bike ride home.

"Iwa-chan, why do you have to be so mean? I was just walking Rin to the gate because she bugged me about it!"

"Um, no I didn't! You big liar!"

"What Iwa-chan does and doesn't know won't hurt him," Oikawa whispered to Rin with a wink.

Rin rolled her eyes and sat down on her bike, clipping the black straps of her flowery decorated helmet under her chin. Oikawa finished the call with the angry ace and stuffed his phone into his pocket.

"It looks like it might rain. Are you sure you're good to go home?" Oikawa asked, a little concerned for his friend as he glanced up at the stormy looking sky. "I'll be fine, Oikawa-kun. You should get to practice before you get an even bigger scolding from Iwaizumi-kun," Rin replied with a nod.

"A–Alright. I'll see you later, Rin."

Oikawa waved at the younger girl, watching her ride away from the school and down the sidewalk. He sighed and glanced up at the heavy, dark grey clouds in the sky, once again. Oikawa looked back at the sidewalk, but Rin had vanished into thin air by the time his eyes went back down.

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────