FOURTEEN. truth, justice and songs in our key

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

For the first time in a long time, Bless's heart felt full. She sat on her bed with Gina, the latter was laying down with her head rested on Bless's lap, while Bless's fingers traced up and down Gina's arm. This was something that they usually did when they were dating after stressful days, where they took turns choosing their comfort shows to watch. However, today Bless and Gina played rock-paper-scissors and Bless won, so now they were watching the show she chose.

"Wait, what's this show called again?" Gina inquired, glancing up to Bless.

"She-Ra and the Princesses of Power," Bless answered.

"Isn't it a kids' show though?"

Bless scoffed in disbelief. "Just because it's an animated show that involves princesses doesn't make it a kids' show."

Gina turned her attention back to the laptop before her and Bless, chuckling in the process which caused a warm smile to grow on Bless. She missed moments like these with Gina. It didn't matter what they were doing, even if they were doing nothing. These were her favorite moments so long as Gina was beside her. She didn't want to lose them again. With that thought in mind, Bless stretched her arm out and paused the show, causing Gina to rise with a frown.

"Hey, I was actually enjoying it!" The curly-haired girl whined.

"What are we?" Bless inquired, jumping right into it.

Gina widened her eyes a bit, caught off guard by the question. "What do you mean?"

"Gina, we kissed. As much as I try, I can't forget that," Bless expressed, her eyes straying on Gina's. "And I know you can't either otherwise you wouldn't be here with me."

Silence filled the room and Bless watched as Gina tore her gaze from her and looked at her hands. She anxiously watched Gina and waited for her response. Finally, Gina met her gaze with a sigh.

"First time was tough."

"Yeah, it was. But we're tougher than that, aren't we?"

"But I hurt you. You still like me?"

"I never stopped," Bless admitted, a warm smile etching on her face. No matter how long she and Gina had been separated, no amount of time or miles could erase her feelings for her.

"I think I didn't either," Gina softly voiced and the brunette beside her was oblivious to the blush on her cheeks.

Deciding to seal the deal, Bless leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on Gina's lips. She felt Gina smile throughout it, only making her enjoy the moment more. As they parted, the couple let out light giggles. Bless secured her arms around Gina's shoulder while the former rested her head on her chest and resumed playing the show on the laptop.