ELEVEN. shut up and dance

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Homecoming was the perfect opportunity for Bless to just forget all the drama that had happened the past week. She loved dances and always looked forward to them, as it was a time to just forget about the stress of school or any drama in her life and dance the night the way with her friends. Though the boy standing before her, digging through his locker for his Trigonometry notes, did not fancy social events. Chase Miller was the type of person who'd rather stay in his room (whether it be doing his work, reading a novel, or watching a show) than go to a high school dance. However, his mom encouraged him to do so and now he was going with Bless.

"So, let's go over the plan for today," Bless said, deciding it was best to go over everything that was happening after school. "I've got a hair appointment straight after school and you said you're getting yours cut."

"Uh-huh," Chase confirmed. However, he was more focused on the items in his locker.

"And then I'll go home, get dressed, take some bomb photos, drive by your place and we'll-"

"Oh, crap!" Chase groaned, giving his full attention to Bless who gave him a confused look. "We might have to stay at my place for a while. My mom wants to meet you. Your moms are welcome to come too."

Bless's confused look turned into shock. "Uh, Chase, you're cool and I'm sure you'll find someone 'cause you're pretty good looking, but I-"

"Woah. Woah, woah," Chase quickly stopped her. "She wants to meet you because you're, like, the first person I've brought over my house to not do a school project."

"Wow, that is sad," Bless responded and Chase nodded in agreement. "But such a relief." Something else - well, someone else - caught Bless's eyes from down the hallway. EJ Caswell, who had his eyes on Chase and Bless and was heading toward them. EJ sent Bless a short wave, but she just rolled her eyes. "I gotta go, but I'll talk to you later."

"Yeah, sure." As Bless left, someone else joined Chase's side. To his shock, it was EJ who gave him a small smile. Regardless, Chase was wondering why on earth the boy was standing with him. "Can I help you with something?"

"Yes. I mean, no," EJ spoke as he shook his head. Chase furrowed his brows and closed his locker, watching the boy stammer on his words. EJ seemed nervous... which was weird to see on him. "I-I mean, I wanted to apologize."

"For what?"

"When I yelled at you in the bathroom while you were trying to help," EJ reminded him. Chase almost forgot about that event. "I... I was kinda a jerk."

"'Kinda' is an understatement," Chase remarked with a shrug. "But, hey, you're EJ, so."

EJ chuckled a bit. "What's that supposed to mean?"