TWELVE. born to be brave

Start from the beginning

"Maybe you should go check on her," Chase advised. "And, I don't know, apologize."

"Seriously?" Bless inquired and when Chase just stared at her, she realized he was going to make her follow Gina either way. "Geez, fine. But if anything happens, it's on your conscience."

Turning on her heel, Bless followed the direction Gina had gone into a few minutes ago. She entered the hollow corridor of East High, easily spotting Gina. She now had a purple coat on her and had her wallet out, while talking to one of the staff members who stood at the table before her. Bless looked between the entrance to the gym and Gina. She squeezed her eyes and with a sigh, she made her move to Gina.

"Sorry, I don't... I don't do cash," Gina said, oblivious to Bless approaching her. "Could you send me a Venmo request?"

"Sure," the teacher wearily responded, stepping away from Gina. Now that she was alone, Bless decided that maybe she should get her attention now.

"Low on cash tonight?" Bless spoke up. Gina glanced her way, though she wasn't exactly thrilled to see Bless, still holding her furious glare.

"You do not want to clap at me right now," Gina warned her. "I will clap back."

"Oh, I know," Bless muttered, however, Gina began stepping past her. "Hold on." Bless grimaced slightly before turning around. "Gina, wait!" Finally, Gina turned to meet Bless, though her angry expression didn't wash away. "I-I came here to apologize for what happened in there."

"Fine." Gina sighed. "Let's hear it."

"Oh, that... that was kinda my apology," Bless admitted with an awkward chuckle, though Gina only grew furious. She cleared her throat, however, seeing that Gina deserved an actual apology. "Look, I'm... I'm sorry, alright? I shouldn't be butting into anything that concerns other people you choose to hang out with. It's not my business."

"Then why are you making it your business?"

"Honestly, I-I don't know. I know we're not together anymore and I shouldn't be clinging onto the past, but I thought we still..." Bless sighed, shrugging a bit, while Gina's expression softened, "I don't know, had each other's backs."

"I thought so too until you came for me like that."

"Again, I'm sorry. If I'm being honest, a lot of people have made me realize that I'm not such a great person, so I haven't had the best few weeks. I guess I just took my anger out on you."

"You're not the only one with drama. Well, home drama in my case," Gina softly admitted and only now, Bless could see the exasperation in the girl's eyes.

"I had no idea. Still, I had no intentions of adding to your pile."

"Give me a ride and we'll call it even."

Bless didn't expect that request, though she had no time to agree or disagree because Gina began heading for the exit. "Oh, uhm, okay?" She was thankful that she had her purse slung onto her shoulders. However, her coat was hanging with some other students' coats at the rack. She hurried toward it and took out the black coat with her name tagged on it. She put it on and followed Gina. "Guess Chase will have to wait."

With a few serviettes he got from one of the snack tables, Chase approached his table where a lonesome EJ sat. He figured at least someone should check if EJ was okay, even if they weren't that close. And since Ashlyn was trying to comfort Carlos about Seb and Big Red and Ricky weren't exactly that close with EJ, Chase figured maybe he should since they seemed to be... friends. Kind of.