Part two [straight into water]

Start from the beginning

"HEY, I DONT LIKE BUTTERFLIES! THEY ARE WEAK AND IM NOT WEAK-"

[...]

The pond was situated right outside a small forest, it was old and muddy, with a bunch of weeds growing on its sides. Large dragonflies flying just above the surface of the water.

You walked confidently through the mud, skipping onto some of the larger rocks and keeping your gaze firmly situated on the soil beneath you.

The two friends behind you were bickering about something but at that point, you got desensitized to Bakugos eardrum assaulting screeches of anger.

A smudge of light green moved at the corner of your vision making you dip down at the speed of light and catch the little frog in-between your small palms. You carefully brought the animal up and cradled it in your hands. A perfect being. The leafy green color, the sheen on its skin, the eyes that were filled with nothing but beauty and power.

"Wow, you caught one so quickly." Midorya peered over your shoulder.

"I'm an expert." You huffed before standing up. "Do you want to hold it?"

The boy looked at you surprised as his eyes lit up. "Would you...let me?"

"Of course." You placed the frog gently in his outstretched hands.

The green-haired male looked fondly at the creature, his blonde friend standing behind him with his arms crossed also peering at the animal in question as the frogs simply sat there as most frogs do. You always wondered what goes on in their little heads when they are staring off into space like that.

Surprising you a little the tiny animal suddenly jumped out of the boy's palm and back onto the soil.

"Oh no!" Izuku exclaimed and ran after the frog, dipping down and trying to catch it but due to his lack of experience, the animal easily avoided his palms.

"Midorya wait!" You called out to the boy, however it was too late.

The green-haired boy ran up too close to the pond and the unstable soil crumbled beneath him. He lost his balance and fell forward right into the muddied water with a cringe-worthy clasp of his face connecting harshly against the pond.

You winced just from the sound.

"Deku!" Katsuki ran up to the boy with you following suit.

The blonde didn't hesitate to pull the other boy out of the pond. Izukus face was wet with watered-down mud, his hair sticking to his face and his All Might hoodie had a giant brown stain in the middle that completely obscured the hero's face.

"Are you alright Midoriya?" You asked seeing the boy simply stare off into space. That question seemed to stir something inside of him and like flipping a switch tears welled up in Izukus eyes and he started crying.

"D-Deku! Stop bawling your eyes out! Come on, you didn't even fall that hard!" Bakugo tried to "comfort" the boy but this seemed to just fuel Midoriya's crying fit even further.

You kneeled before taking out a packet of tissues, unfolding one you started wiping the boy's face, the tears helping to get rid of the layer of mud staining his complexion. Bakugo watched wide-eyed as you seamlessly progressed through your task.

With one firm swipe, you took off Izukus All Might hoodie making his squeak on surprise between the hiccups and sobs.

"Creepy eyes what are you doing?" Bakugo protested seeing you fold the wet cloth at your side.

"He's going to get a cold." You muttered with your usual stoic expression. You were very much glad you brought with you one of your own sweaters in case the weather changed. It was light brown with white stripes near the collar. You took it out of your backpack and helped the crying boy put it on. The piece of clothing was a little too big on Izuku, seeing as you were taller than he was but that helped to add some extra warmth. "Come on, we need to get him to his parents." You put on your backpack before picking Midoria up from the ground like a baby and cradling him in your arms.