CHAPTER 1

Lan Wangji POV :

"Wei Ying ! Wei Ying! Wake up!. Wake up, Wei Ying" I kept on calling him when I saw his hand move a little. It's been almost two days now since I brought him to this cave to protect him from the entire world. I gained my energy a few hours after I took rest with my Wei Ying in the cave. However, Wei Ying on the other hand has not only lost his energy but is also badly injured. My snow like white dress got covered in his blood when I carried him here.

When his eyes started opening I helped him get up and lean over on to a stone behind him. "Lan Zhan...?"he asked as he kept on dozing off and awake. "Yes Wei Ying. It's me. I'm here". "Lan Zhan, you shouldn't be here. You should leave" he said. "I'm not leaving you!Don't worry Wei Ying, i promise you I will protect you" I said while holding him tightly against my chest. "Huh?! Protect me? You? Why would you... protect me... of all people? I have let down.....all people who trusted me....now even Jiang....Cheng hates me. Why do I still have you by my side? So you can take me to your.... cloud.....recess and punish me? Why Lan Zhan?"he said with a historical laugh. "Because I Love You Wei Ying!!! I Love You!!! I want you no matter what. You can't leave me Wei Ying!" I said finally with tears rolling down my eyes as I cried. Wei Ying fell completely silent when I blurted out how I feel about him. Since his face was placed on my chest, I couldn't see his expression. But I started feeling warm tears on my dress followed by a push, "Get lost!". My eyes went wide open with shock. "Wh...what?" "Get lost!"he said again pushing me. Before I could ask him anything further I heard footsteps at the entrance of the cave. It was the thirty three highly respected seniors from my sect. They found us.

"Wangji, come here now!"

"Just hand him over to them"

"Yeah! He is a wanted criminal"

"Stay away from him. He will kill anyone! He is a monster! He killed everyone who loved him."

"Get away from him Wangji! If you can't hand him over, we will do it. You stay behind. No one knows you saved him other than us. You don't need trouble to come up on us do you?"

I couldn't tolerate them when they started saying nonsense about Wei Ying. "No! No one is going to hand him over to anyone!" I said making my anger clear in my voice. "Get lost!" Wei Ying said as he pushed me away from him.

"See! You are trying to protect an unthankful monster like him? He doesn't even want your help!"

"No. He is not well!" I said trying to defend him.

"What are you waiting for? Get him" one of the senior shouted to the others and they started to try and take him away from me. I had no other choice but to use my sword and attack them. I only wanted to stop them first. But I was so angry that I ended up killing them all. 'What have I done?!' I thought to myself. I cried and cried for about an hour. Wei Ying kept on telling me to "get lost" again and again until he became unconscious again when I was fighting the seniors.

"This place is not safe anymore Wei Ying. Let's get you to the burial mounds" I said to the unconscious boy as I took him in my arms again and flew away on my sword, bichen.

           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uncle Wen and grandma Wen rushed over to us as soon as they saw me bringing an unconscious, injured Wei Ying. "Young master Wei! What happened?! Why is Childe Wei not well?" Uncle Wen asked as he took Wei Ying from me. "We need to get him to bed. He should rest"

I told them what happened at the bloodshot campaign. "Now, I have to return to cloud recess to receive my punishment. I will comeback after that. Until then....will you please take care of him?" I pleaded them. "Young master Lan, you don't need to ask us to do that. He put his life in danger to save us. We will protect him with our own lives first before letting anything happen to him".
"We may be ordinary people. But we can still protect our loved ones even if it costs our life" grandma Wen said. I felt relieved when I saw how much they love and care about him. "Thank you. Then I shall take my leave now".

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wangji! I am so ashamed of you!. How could you kill our most respected seniors just to protect an ungrateful monster like him?!" Uncle Qiren shouted at me as other disciples started to whip me.

"He is not an ungrateful person nor is he a monster!!" Everyone was shocked as this is my first time talking back at my uncle.

"You! Tell me Wangji, what is the 56th rule of cloud recess?"

"Reject the crooked path"

"He chose the dark path. Don't you know that it's wrong? He is wrong?"

"He may have chosen the wrong path, but he never used it for bad purposes. So how can he be wrong? What is right and wrong uncle?"

"Quiet"

By the time all the thirty three whips, each for the life of seniors I've taken, I fell on to the ground after vomiting some blood. The mental pain I was having was several times stronger than that of these whip injuries. I couldn't stand up and could also feel wetness on my back from blood.

"Help him get to jingshi. We need to get him treated" Xichen-xiong who was standing there said to some disciples as soon as I fell to the ground after thirty three whips.