15

"about jimin-" "he's in a critical condition." the doctor, said flipping a few pages.

he looked up from the papers, "I'm really sorry for you, but he's entering his final stage."

she bit her lip wanting to deny the bitter truth.

the doctor kept a hand on her shoulder. "to be very honest with you, ms. lee, i don't think there's anything we can do about it. we doctors have tried the very best for him. but in the end, it's all fate, right?"

she nodded in response, looking down at her feet.

the doctor glanced at her, who was staring down at her feet, feeling nothing but despair.

"if you want..." the doctor suggested, "you can go see him in the room." she immediately raised her head, a faint smile played on her lips.

she nodded and left the room in a hurry, not even bothering to say 'goodbye' to the doctor. all she cared about was her boyfriend who was extremely ill at the moment.

she peaked inside the room, before turning the door knob.

jimin laid there in a white bed, his skin was as pale as snow, his eyes were unusually red, and his lips were parched.

she slowly entered the room, her brows scrunched up due to distress.

she sat down on the chair and took his hand in hers. she gently stroked his hand, while he smiled.

"i'm positive that you'll recover fast. after all, it's for like two days, right? you do have the energy to-"

"areum, who are you kidding?" jimin asked, his face filled with amusement. that guy had literally had the audacity to grin at her.

he locked eyes with her, "i was supposed to live for another painful week, i guess. but this is better, right?"

she nodded, tears sliding down her face. her heart felt heavy to even look at him. he lifted his hand, which was itself a painful struggle, to wipe her tears away.

"do you know why i'm still happy?" jimin asked, looking at her.

she shook her head.

"it's because i'm glad." he said beaming, although a tear was sliding down his cheek. "i'm glad i met a person like you. everyone left me, but you stayed. i never understood that. you're truly an angel, but why do you still stay?"

******************

better start praying so that he survives.