S4 E2 Duties of a King (Part 2)

Kion knew why he wanted to go patrolling in the East. It was because it was close to Fuli's den. He was still worried about her. He led Feliks around until he saw Fuli's den.

"Okay Feliks, can you continue patrolling? I need to go check something." Kion commanded.

"Sure! Bye Kion!" answered Feliks.

Kion saw Makini wasn't there anymore. Was he too late? He went inside Fuli's den and saw Fuli, Azaad and two cheetah cubs. But the moment Kion stepped in, the cheetah cubs hid behind Fuli.

"Sorry, did I scare them?" Asked Kion

"No it's not your fault, we trained them to hide from anyone they don't know." Replied Fuli, pushing her cubs out from behind her.

"That's good." Said Kion

Kion saw Fuli and Azaad's eyes. They looked really tired.

"Maybe their cubs have been a bit wild," thought Kion but he asked anyway, "You guys look really tired, what's going on?"

"We just can't get them to sleep! They keep running around and playing with each other, and when one of them are tired, the other one is still playing!"

"Oh, I see." Said Kion

"But they are still really fun! We might even have more cubs," Said Fuli

"Well, I'll leave you to it!" Said Kion then he walked away.

Kion walked to the cave under the tree. He lay down sadly on a nearby rock.

Rani was walking by with Polina and Pasha. She saw Kion lying on the rock sadly.

"You girls continue patrolling, I'm gonna check on Kion." Said Rani.

"Okay bye!" answered the two girls in unison.

"Kion? What's wrong?" asked Rani.

"It's just...I..." stammered Kion, "I...nevermind."

"What Kion? You can tell me." Said Rani.

"Nothing, never mind." Kion sighed.

"Please can you tell me?" She begged.

"I– I was thinking, can we have c–cubs maybe?" Kion asked shyly, "unless of course, it's too much work for you..."

"Of course we can have cubs! A little company won't hurt. Well, it might hurt to have cubs, but the pain is worth it. Let's go!" agreed Rani.

Rani and Kion went into the tree to (you know what) and Kion went to hunt to let Rani rest.

Kion brought back 2 deer because he knew Rani would be extra hungry. She was going to be pregnant after all. Straight after dinner, Rani fell asleep. When Kion realised this, he quickly ate the dinner scraps and curled up with Rani.

The next morning, Kion let Rani sleep in. He explained to Polina Pasha and Feliks that he and Rani will be occupied for six months and that they will have to patrol by themselves. Kion got back to the tree, Rani was still sleeping. Kion gently nudged her with his snout to wake her. Rani yawned.

"You need to wake up now," whispered Kion

Rani just groaned and went back to sleep.

Kion wasn't hungry because he and Rani don't usually eat breakfast, they just eat dinner and sometimes lunch. But Kion thought that he should give Rani 3 meals a day because she will be extra hungry. Kion went out to hunt. When he came back to the tree, Rani was awake, but she looked really worried.

"Here, I brought a rabbit back for you. What's wrong?"asked Kion

"We're late for morning patrol! And thanks, I'm kinda hungry," answered Rani

"I told Feliks, Polina and Pasha to start doing patrol by themselves so it's fine." Said Kion, tossing her the rabbit.

Rani ate the rabbit and went back to sleep.

"I guess she'll be asleep most of the time" thought Kion then he curled up with her

———————————————-

Sorry if this chapter was short as well. Most of my chapters will be this long. Tell me if you have any ideas I will add your ideas into my episodes. Thanks!

~Edited by:

@FireBirdHunter

Shivo