prologue

𝗣𝗨𝗧 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗦 𝗢𝗡. 💿

     maggie's limp body was slowly falling off the couch. she had fallen asleep watching her favorite show, grey's anatomy. of course, she had watched the entire show in-itself, but maggie could watch it over and over again without facing boredom.

she moved into her apartment after finishing college with a bachelor's degree in law and public safety. this girl was smart, to say the least. she was attending yale at the ripe age of fifteen. maggie already had some success in writing, as throughout college she edited books for bestselling authors.

two weeks prior, she posted her need for a roommate in the western manhattan area. she didn't have much luck as the only person who sought interest was much older than her.

say.. thirty years older than her.

maggie's body fell off her mint sofa when she jolted away due to the loud ping! her phone let out.

new message on craigslist!

she opened the notification, struggling to allow her eyes to adjust to the light blaring out of her phone.

egrant16
hello, I was contacting
you to ask if the offer for
the bedroom was still
available?

maggiebear03
yes it is!

maggiebear03
maybe you could swing
by and check it out when
it isn't 2 in the morning lol.

egrant16
oh err sorry.

maggiebear03
all good, is it 11 a.m.
good for you?

egrant16
yes, just fine.

maggiebear03
okay i'll send you
my address.

once the conversation ended, maggie set an alarm for nine and drifted back to sleep.

the next morning
maggie's apartment

     after quickly getting ready, maggie tidied up her apartment knowing she would have a guest.

she straightened the pillows on the couch, made sure her dirty dishes were in the dishwasher, vacuumed up the dog she sits' hair as well as duke's hair, and then wiped down dirty surfaces.

she gave her phone number to her potential roommate and waited around until the clock reached eleven.

unknown
is this maggie?

maggie
yes, ethan?

ethan
could you buzz
me in?

maggie
oh yes i'm sorry!!

ethan
no worries.

maggie saw a few pictures of him on his profiles, but nothing compared to actually seeing him in person.

his brown eyes pierced into her own as he spoke with intent, shaking her hand. "nice to meet you, maggie. is maggie your full name?"

"o-oh yes, it is."

maggie didn't intend to be nervous around him, but she didn't know how to react. a breathtakingly beautiful man was interested in rooming with her?

she quickly came back to reality. "excuse my manners, " she giggled. "please come in and do make yourself at home."

ethan had seen pictures of her apartment and knew it was colorful, something he didn't mind. her personality was truly shown throughout the apartment.

maggie led him into the kitchen, offering him a freshly baked, double chocolate chip cookie: ethan's favorite. but obviously she didn't know that; they just met.

the room ethan would stay in if he moved in was painted a shade of steel blue. "the blue may be off-putting to you, it's kind of bold but i had already bought the can of paint and didn't want to waste it. i can paint it a different color if you'd like."

ethan admired how easygoing maggie appeared. she wasn't afraid to change anything and was off the bat outgoing.

other than the deep blue walls, a simple bed with white bed sheets and a wooden bed frame was placed in the middle of the room. a tv was hung on one wall and an interesting painting that really stood out on another.

"cool painting." ethan pointed to it and maggie smiled. "where'd you buy it?"

"i painted it!" she gleamed. "i didn't have anywhere to put it and i felt the blue walls complimented the blue water in the picture so i hung it in this room."

the painting pictured a sailboat in the middle of the ocean, a golden dog's head peaking over the side.

"the dog is actually my dog back home, lake." maggie rambled. "and he actually really likes fishing with my parents in our backyard lake." she giggled.

ethan already knew he was going to rent the bedroom from maggie. not because he liked the room, but because he liked her.

and he wanted to know more about her.

new note from c!
so cute wowow.
i'm excited for this fic<3
first chapter comes out
in two days hehe