Chapter Sixx - Mutherfucker of the Year

Start from the beginning

"I'm gonna pick you up, then. Emi is visiting her mom today."

"I guess," Nikki exhaled unenthusiastically.

"Get dressed and try not to smell bad, Dummy Downer. I'll be there in a half hour," Mick said, as he hung up the phone.

Fuck. Nikki was perfectly content to sit home and wallow around in pity. But no Mick had to be all zippity-doo-fucking-dah for the first time in his life. He went back into his room to find yet another outfit to wear.

---------------------

Mick pulled up thirty minutes later, and laid on the horn.

Nikki looked out the front window and shook his head. The bastard couldn't even come up and knock like a normal person would have. The beeping continued. It wasn't that type of neighborhood. Fuck.

Nikki stepped out the front door, as Mick kept blaring the horn.

He was at the car door. He knew that Mick saw him there, and he was still on the damn horn.

Nikki flung the door open with anger.

"Rat-a-tat-tat. How'd you like that?" Mick said, sporting a rare grin.

"I'm going to rip the horn off and shove it so far up your ass that all of your farts are going to come out as beeps! What the hell? I happen to like my neighbors you know."

"Lighten up, fool. Uncle Mick wants you to just have a little fun today."

Nikki reached over and leaned on the horn. "That means fuck you in street language," Nikki snapped, finally followed by a little laughter. "Where are we going, Disneyland?"

"Not a bad idea, but no. Although, I think those Mickey Rat ears might look good on us."

"Then where, the insane asylum?"

"No, but that's something to think about. We should go find one of the abandoned haunted ones, and take a tour."

"Fuck that shit. The last thing I need is some wise-ass ghost attaching itself to me, and fucking my life up even more. I've been there, done that with all of that occult crap."

"And people think that I'm the boring one in the band. Pshaw," Mick said, with a wave of his hand. "I'll refrain from scaring the shit out of you today, instead we're going shopping. Then we're going to get some fucking ice cream. With sprinkles. And no dark chocolate death sprinkles for you. Happy rainbow ones, to brighten up your motherfucking day."

"Are you OK, Mick?"

"Don't worry about me," Mick replied, hauling ass out of Nikki's driveway.

-------------------------

At Jon's condo -

"Wow, you're right. This view of the valley is the shit!" Tommy hollered, standing at the plate glass window.

"Yeah. That's what Richie said when I first brought him here. I've had this place for a few years. But, I'm thinking of selling it soon."

"Why? You're only here part time. This is perfect for part-time living," Tommy said, turning himself around in the room, with his hands out, as if to showcase the unit.

"I don't know. I guess you just move on from things sometimes."

"I'd never get sick of looking out at the view," Tommy replied, back to facing the window, oblivious to Jon's sullen tone.

"Tom, come here," Jon said, taking him by the arm out onto the balcony.

Tommy complied, and was even more exhilarated outside. "Dude, what the fuck! I'd never go inside. I mean, I've been to some pretty awesome vantage points up in the hills, but I've never seen a view so broad." Tommy shouted out a resounding whoop.