Another Wrong Doing

Start from the beginning

"Anna, slow down!" I cried, suddenly worried. "You're too high!" I whimpered.

I watched Anna merely laugh, blinded by the fun of going higher up in the room. She jumped on each pillar the second it was made.

"Catch me!" She giggled.

I brought my hands forward hastily, hoping I could catch her in time. Instead, I felt ice under my foot and I slipped backwards, landing on the ground. I shot my hand up in desperation to create another pillar.

"Anna!" I exclaimed with fear.

The blue strike flew from my hand, striking her in the head. I watched her fall to the ground, rolling in the snow, unconscious.

"Anna!" I sobbed, running to her and resting her head on my lap.

I stared as a lock of her hair turn pure white.

I jump as I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Elsa, are you alright? You're crying." Hans whispers, placing a hand under my chin to get my attention.

I blink away the tears, unaware that they had even fallen. I inhale deeply, hardening my lips into a thin line. I burst into tears, letting myself be enclosed in Hans' arms. I feel his gloves against my back, making me feel better, but not halting the tears in any way.

"Elsa..." He whisper.

"We can't." I weep, choking on my words.

He leans his forehead against mine, gently pressing them together.

"Can't what?" He asks quietly as he gazes into my tear filled eyes.

I blink and let a tear slide down my pale cheek. I try to blink away the rest of the tears to no avail. He puts a hand on my cheek, wiping away the tear.

"We can't scare her. She has to trust herself." I explain, not quite recovered from my fit. "We have to help her control it, and not make her afraid of it like I was. I don't want that life for her." I add, resting my head against Hans' chest.

"We're going to do this right. She'll be fine." He assures me, a smile painted upon his face.

I nod my head, sighing as I am nearly sure the last tear has fallen down my cheek.

I hear someone walk into the throne room, intruding upon our moment. I turn and find Anna. I take it back.

She walks in, her arms enfolding Elisabeth. My daughter coos. I walk down the three steps and go towards Anna. I smile and take Elisabeth in my arms.

"She's beautiful, Elsa. She's going to look just like her mother." Anna compliments, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"You think?" I ask her curiously, pondering what she said.

"Of course. She does, after all, have your blue eyes and blonde hair." Anna points out.

I look down at my daughter happily.

"She does, however, have freckles across the bridge of her nose and her cheeks like Hans." I say, finding a feature on her that doesn't come from me and turning my head around to look at Hans with a smile.

"Either way, she's beautiful." Anna says.

"Thank you." I reply with a wide grin.

"So... is there going to be a ball anytime soon?" She asks with a sly tone and a mischievous smile.

"What? No. Why?" I blink, confused.

She lets out a laugh and beams at me. "What do you mean why?" She giggles. "It's your birthday, Elsa." She explains with a wide grin painted over her lips.