writers guide pt. 1

MMM HEY 😩

CHARACTERS

it gets hard becoming the character that you're writing for but it all depends on your imagination.
If I wanted to write a story about a shy outcast this is how I'd go about it, using First Person or third person, using third person is definitely easier.

First person: My eyes stayed trained on him, he was right in front of my face but yet he looked a million miles away. He walks past me like I'm not even there. Like I'm air. Walking through me.

Third person: she watches him from the shadows. And it wasn't completely his fault that she felt invisible. He genuinely didn't notice her in his path, it might've been her height or her ability to blend in with the walls as if they were her motherland.

Do you see the difference? (Say yes) The second example also gives both perspectives which helps the story and character development. There's also a lot of imagery and metaphors involved babes.

Now hopefully from the first example you can see that the character is;

SHY
OBSERVANT
TROUBLED

And hopefully from the second example you can see the boy as;

DISTRACTED
A LITTLE SELF INVOLVED
HEADSTRONG

And you can still think of the girl as shy especially with the comparison to him who's out going.

In the first POV you can't really tell how shy she really is, although that is only ONE of the paragraphs (this isn't a real story it's something I wrote to make this understandable)

CHARACTER DIALOGUE

What would you say if you were the character?

These are other emotional components of a characters personality. Given a situation how does your character react?

SITUATION A:

THE GUY BUMPS INTO THE GIRL ON HIS WAY TO HIS CLASS

now the guys name is uhhh JACK and the girls name is JILL

Jill even though she's shy might have an outburst and say, "Watch where the hell you're going!"

Making jack react as either rude or calm, "oh I'm so sorry I didn't see you there."

SITUATION B:

Jill can stay shy and say absolutely nothing.

And then Jack can either still apologize or be the one with the outburst

Makes sense?????

The reaction characters have to the situations in the story make them who they are.

LIKES/DISLIKES

The likes and dislikes a person has makes them unique.

If Jack likes talking and likes being social it makes him a different person.

If Jill likes to avoid being social it makes her a different person.

But you also have to imply why. Which can be put into a sentence.

Jill liked people. People weren't the problem. It was the fact that she was never talking to the right person.

This line is a boost or a jumper, now you can make the readers infer something or plan something.

Because Jill never spoke to the right person, Jack might be, it might stop her from being shy.

Jack liked the feeling of having people close to him, he liked overlapping conversations. It made him feel like he was somewhere important. But sometimes the parties never ended. He would search for some peace and quiet and there was no one that could give it to him.

This is also a jumper line because that connects them. She's quiet and that's something that he craves. It shows the reader how much they fit together because of their circumstances.

TAKEAWAY:

what are the most important things that make people/characters themselves?

1. REACTIONS.
emotions and how they express them
with actions or words ?
mad/yelling
happy/laughing
sad/crying
you can pick either or do both

2. TRAUMA/CIRCUMSTANCES
what did they go through in life?
how do they live?
is their life good, bad, normal
boring, fun and how does that add
to the story?

3. LIKES AND DISLIKES
what are everyday things this person
likes?
what makes them happy sad or scared?
what's something they like that makes
them different from everyone else???

4. ENERGY
what's their general energy?
you're energy tells you how to react
with your circumstances, tells you
how to feel when you like or dislike
something
is the person always happy?
always depressing?
always chill?
always laughing?
I think energy is the most important

END OF PART ONE.

I liked writing this I really hope it helps,
731 words
I'm making a part two soon and it's gonna
go a little bit deeper so you can focus on
how to write a story without thinking about
the characters

INCLUDING:
imagery guides
metaphor use
sentence structure
AND points of view

THIS CHAPTER IS FOR THESE TO BABES
brentfaiyazispapi angelpercs