"What's so funny?"

"I won't spoil the surprise for you dear", laughs the king.

"I love your playsuit dear".

"Thank you Camila it's nice to be able to wear whatever I want without having to keep to standards like I have to do back at the palace".

The queen laughs, "Protocol is stifling at times. That's why I love coming here if want to wear shorts here I can".

"The freedom I feel while here I don't feel any where else. This place truly is special. When I give you the throne my boy I'll spent more time here".

Diego looks worryingly at his mother and father, "That won't be for sometime I hope", he says to his farher.

"Your mother and I discussed it in light of everything that has happen recently. We decided to wait till your sister is married and have her first child. If ten years from now she still isn't married. We'll give you the crown anyway".

"Daddy why wait till I'm married?"

"We want to see you married and have someone by your side before we step aside. It's the only way your husband can become a prince if he isn't one. Knowing both our children have someone to share the burden of royal life will make me and your mother very happy".

"Oh daddy". Laila get up from the sofa and hugs her parents. "I love you guys so much but if you get sick or the workload is too much. Please don't wait on me to marry. I want you guys around for a long time".

"Me too", adds Diego.

The butler comes in to tell us dinner was ready, "What are we having?" Ask Camila

"Ziti with olive bread and Diego made garlic chicken".

"Sounds delicious your famous ziti yummy".

We take our seats at the dining table and start passing plates around. I love when we eat this way, at the palace the footman serves you.

"This chicken is delicious darling".

Diego blushes, "Thank you honey I tried".

"You smash it out the park big brother. Your cooking as really improved since you met Victoria".

"I noticed you haven't done a lot of baking and cooking since the christening only once or twice. I'm very proud of you".

I knew what the king was implying, I was dealing with my grief and everything that happened like a regular person. I did a lot of baking when I first left rehab as it was my version of having a fix. I still love cooking but I don't do it as much as I use to. With all my engagements, a new baby and more royal duties to perform the idea of taking drugs has not cross my mind.  I know I'll always be an addict. I have learnt drugs doesn't solve your problems. If I took cocaine now it doesn't change everything that's happen to me. Life doesn't magically get better.

"Thank you Roberto so what are we going to do tomorrow?"

"I want to spent a quiet day with my wife. You young people can do whatever you want".

"We can go to "Luigi's what do you guys think?"

Diego look at me then at Laila, "I'm up for it, "Their pizza is amazing and more importantly. They're very discreet there. What do you think darling?"

"I would love to go there and Laila I booked out a salon for tomorrow morning. Diego and I was going to get pampered why don't you come along if you up for it".

"I would love to come with you guys".

That night as we were in bed I turned to Diego, "Did you have any inkling your parents were thinking of giving the crown to you?"

"I know dad has said in the past that he didn't want to be a eighty old man struggling with old age and duty. To be fair I don't want to see my parents with hip and knee problems carrying on. I'm not saying that I wouldn't be king still at seventy. But I would like to step down before I'm eighty for Sophia's sake. Or if she told me she was ready to rule when I'm sixty-five I would step aside. What do you think?"

I didn't have to think about it, "I saw my grandfather step down due to cancer. He put duty above everything else. It took sickness for him to pass the crown on. I don't want that to be the reason the crown is passed to us. If in five years we end up king and queen I'm fine with that too. I'm ready to do my duty but I still have a lot to learn from your parents before then. Hopefully by this time next year I'm pregnant again or have given birth. Our family will be complete then".

Diego and I agreed to have another child as soon as possible. Since it took us eight months to get pregnant and because of our age.

"In six months Diego the execution will hopefully be a memory in the world's mind. We can get on with life and not keep hearing about it".

"The international press is still in Sardinia. In a couple of days they will be gone and we'll just be left with the regular royal reporters".

"That's is something I'm actually looking forward to seeing. The good old boring press", I completely agreed with Diego on that.

Only 2 chapters left.