nine

Aurelia entered Umbridge's office with a tired Harry behind her to serve her 'one out of numerous' detentions

"Ah miss potter." Umbrige grinned evily, getting up from her usual seat. Using her plump, short finger the DADA professor grabbed her left hand rather harshly causing Aurelia to flinch in pain.

"Let's see if the message has finally sunk in." Umbridge smirked, rubbing her thumb over Aurelia's scarred hand.

Harry fiddled with the strap of his bag, clenching his fist causing his knuckles to turn white. Aurelia let out a soft whimper of pain and quickly clasped her other, free hand over her mouth to stop herself from crying. 

Umbridge smiled satisfyingly before letting go of the Hufflepuff's hand.

"You can leave." Said Umbridge. Harry and Aurelia smiled from inside and moved towards the door.

"Not you Mr. Potter." Umbridge smirked. The twins frowned and turned around to face the pink toad.

"I'm staying then." Aurelia stated, standing close to her brother.

"Mr. Potter I would like you to teach your sister to respect the professors otherwise she would regret it." Umbridge smiled at Harry. 

Harry grabbed Aurelia's arm and dragged her to the door.

"Go, don't wait for me." Harry sternly said before pushing his sister out and slammed the door shut.

With heavy heart, Aurelia left Umbridge's office and dragged herself to the library. Sitting on the usual spot, Aurelia slammed the pile of books on the table, startling others.

A yawn left her lips as she felt her eyes dropping close. The nightmares she was constantly getting kept her awake the whole night. 

She was scared of falling asleep only to see her mother dying. The constant twinkling light in Aurelia's hazel eyes was fading away slowly.

Aurelia rubbed her hand over the scar on her neck as it was hurting badly. When she couldn't keep her eyes open, Aurelia surrendered and let the sleep take over.

On the other hand, Theodore entered the library with an unusual smile on his face. He pushed aside his blonde bangs before tucking them on one side. 

Sitting on the usual table, the Slytherin boy took a seat adjacent to Aurelia instead of sitting in his usual spot which was directly in front of the girl.

Instead of waking the girl next to her, Theodore stared at the girl. He couldn't see her face but listening to her soft snores brought a smile to his face. 

As realisation hit upon Theodore that he has been creepily staring at the girl's hair, he moved his eyes back to his essay.

Picking up his quill, Theodore started on his essay with much crinkling of his eyebrows. But he couldn't concentrate on the essay with being distracted by Aurelia.

Without disturbing her, he pulled Aurelia's books from under her arm and opened the essay before starting on his own. 

Theodore soon realised that he had accidentally pulled two books one of which looked like a sketch book.

The name 'AURELIA POTTER' was etched on the notebook's front cover. 

Theodore flipped open the notebook, stopping on the sketch of what looked like two owls. 

Silvio and Hedwig, the two bestfriends was scribbled at the bottom of the page. 

Smiling to himself, Theodore skimmed over the next page which had a sketch of Harry sleeping peacefully on his bed. Theodore chuckled lightly and kept browsing through the sketch notebook until he reached the last page.

His eyebrows furrowed as the boy in the sketch looked familiar to him. The boy in his school robes sat on the rock near a lake which Theodore guessed was the black lake.

Theodore was blown away at how detailed the sketch was.

it is both a blessing and a curse to feel everything deeply. Theodore ran his long fingers over the line when his tired eyes fell on the three words scribbled at the end of the page.

Reading the line gift of God Theodore realised that the boy in the sketch was him. The day he saw Aurelia looking at him while standing on the Hogwarts bridge was the exact day he sat near the black lake.

Theodore couldn't help as a small smile tugged on his lips but he tried hard not to show it. Picking up his Quill, Theodore thought for a second before finally writing 'thank you golden' at the end of the page. He knew what Aurelia meant.

Hearing someone's footsteps, Theodore lifted his head up to find Harry standing besides his sister.

"Aura." Harry said, completely ignoring the Slytherin's presence. 

Aurelia yanked Harry's hand away from her shoulder and muttered something which wasn't clear.

Theodore awkwardly watched the twins while Harry kept on shaking his sister. Groaning, Aurelia lifted her head up and glared at the Gryffindor.

"Go away." Aurelia sheepishly muttered while rubbing her bleary eyes.

"Aura." Harry sternly said , pulling Aurelia up by her arm and picked up all her books with the other free hand, leaving the sketch notebook with Theodore.

Theodore watched Aurelia leaving with her brother while she kept on stumbling here and there due to the fact that she was sleepy. 

Harry groaned before dragging Aurelia to the Gryffindor common room. Few students stopped what they were doing and looked at the door to find Harry dragging his sleepy sister. 

Finding it totally normal as Aurelia was a frequent visitor of the Gryffindor common room, everybody returned back to what they were doing.

"Why have you brought her here?" Ron asked, trying not to sound rude. Aurelia plopped on the couch besides Ron and leaned on Ron's shoulder who looked quite uncomfortable.

"Harry?" Hermione asked, sitting besides Harry on the floor. Harry lightly slapped Aurelia's cheeks in order to wake her up.

"What do you need!" Aurelia snapped, finally opening her big,hazel eyes.

"Will you please get up for once?" Harry shot back before rolling his eyes at his sister's tantrums.

"Please,the nightmares weren't letting me sleep for weeks. This was the only time I got some sleep." Aurelia complained, lifting her head up from Ron's shoulder.

"So you are having them too?" Harry gulped causing Aurelia to look at her brother with a questioning look,"D-Does y-your scar hurts?"

"Yes." Aurelia gulped,"Is it bad?"

"I think you two should inform Professor Dumbledore." Hermione suggested as Ron nodded in agreement.

"Dumbledore doesn't needs to know everything." Harry frowned.

"He does." Hermione fought back.

"Harry's right." Aurelia hesitantly spoke up,"I mean it's normal. Isn't it? With him being back?"

"Maybe." Hermione muttered not wanting to have an argument with the twins.

"Well I would get going." Aurelia said when she realised students throwing nasty looks towards her.

"Oh yeah, your books." Harry handed her the pile of books. Taking her books, Aurelia stepped outside the Gryffindor common room and mentally cursed herself for sleeping in the library.

She felt bad for Theodore. Instead of walking back to the Hufflepuff common room, Aurelia trudged to the library but when she couldn't find Theodore, she returned back to her common room.