Chapter 23

You had been right about your beach day being the last time to have fun before finals. Come Monday morning Aizawa stood in front of the class to inform you all that you only had a few weeks to prepare for the written and physical tests. He didn't specify what the physical test would be but to prepare for anything that had been covered this year or last. The remainder of the day everyone was buzzing about finals, studying and all around worrying about passing. Mina, Denki and Sero complaining to your study group about the classes they were struggling with.

Your days had become a routine, going to class, training, studying, sleep, repeat. In the whirlwind of preparing both mentally and physically for the end of the semester you rarely had any alone time with Katsuki. Even if you had the time you knew it would still be impossible to see him, as he was spending all of his time on schoolwork and extra training. Your study group had been staying up, studying later and later as time began to run out. In the beginning when you would finally disperse for the night Katsuki would meet you in your room, but as you fell asleep, he would stay up continuing to look over notes and reading textbooks. It didn't take long for him to stop showing up entirely, not wanting to keep you up. But if for whatever reason he did spend the night in your room he would be gone before you woke up, starting his day in the gym or the student training rooms.

In all honesty you couldn't comprehend how someone could work so much but you knew he was reaching for the top and you wouldn't be the person standing in his way. The days began to blur together and with a week left before the exams you found yourself studying in your room with Jirou. She had spent some time studying with Denki but because he was so behind in math, she really didn't have a chance to work on the topics she didn't understand. You weren't the best at math, but you knew it well enough to help her out on the things she was struggling with. The two of you had been working for a couple hours and you had completely lost track of how many problems and definitions and notes you had gone through.

You let out a groan your head dropping into your notebook. "I'm so done with all of this; I could not care less at this point what grade I get on those exams."

Jirou couldn't hold back her laugh at your complaints. "It's not much longer and then it'll be summer break, you got this."

Lifting your head up to look at her you asked her what had been on your mind for a while, "What do you think the physical test will be?"

She was working on a math problem as she answered, "I actually have no idea."

"What did you guys do last year?" you'd hoped for a hint in what UA would throw at you. The school you had gone to last year was a great school, but it definitely didn't have as intense of a curriculum.

Stopping in the middle of the problem she finally glanced up at you. "That's right you weren't here last year. The final we had before summer break last year was pretty intense, we had to work in pairs and either take down a teacher or escape the arena we were in."

You could only stare at her in response. Going up against the UA faculty? First year students going up against Pro Heroes sounded insane. She only chuckled in response, knowing what she said sounded crazy. The two of you went silent then, returning to your studies only stopping to ask a question every once in a while.

Your door opened, tearing you away from your homework, "Sis you have to tell me when you're not going to show up, you know I need help with math." You brother closed your door and joined you and Jirou on the floor.

"Bakugou's better at math, why didn't you just ask him?"

"Between you and me," he leaned closer to you like he had some secret, "You are much nicer when it comes to teaching."