The Party pt. 2

Bolin's POV:

I smile at Opal as I kiss her cheek. "I can't believe it! How—wha—I missed you!" I hug her. She giggles.  "I missed you too, Bolin."  I kiss her cheek.  She smiles at me.  "Alright, I wanted to surprise you."  I chuckle.  "Yeah, I definitely got that message!"  She laughs. 

       A well dressed man in approaches me.  "Hey, uh where's Ms. Sato?  You're her assistant right?"  I nod.  "Yeah, uh she's uh."  I look around.  He nods.  "I got the message.  Just tell her that General Iroh needs to speak with her when you see her."  I nod.  He walks off. 

     I look at Opal.  "Well, Asami's gone.  I hope people don't ask me for her."  She laughs and punches my arm playfully.  "You jinxed it."  My brother walks up to us with a tray carrying several drinks on it.

       "Rosé?"  Opal and I both take a drink.  "Thanks, Mako."  He nods and walks off.  Opal smiles as I take a drink of my wine. 

        I grin.  "What?"  "You look so handsome."  I smile.  "Thank you."  We talk some more. 

Asami's POV:

     Korra and I watch fireworks from one of my couches.  I lean on her.  She smiles and kisses me.  My phone rings. I sigh and I sit up.  I answer it.  "Yes, Bolin?"  "Sorry, ma'am, I uh there's a fight."  "What kind?"  "Lau Gan-Lan from Cabbage Corp. just threw his drink at one of the waiters.  Another stepped in an—."  I sigh.  "I'll be down."  I hang up. 

      I wink at Korra.  "I need some muscle for something.  Wanna come with."  She chokes on the hot chocolate I made her.  "Are you okay?"  She nods.  We set our drinks on my desk and we get in the elevator together. 

        I walk into the ballroom.  Bolin is restraining Mako while a shorter tan waiter was being treated by a doctor I had invited.  Korra rushes over to the waiter.  Lau Gan-Lan is being restrained by security.  I sigh.  I nod and they carry him out. 

       Bolin lets go of Mako and Mako storms off into the kitchen to cool off.  Bolin approaches me.  "Wu, got cut on glass."  I nod.  "We'll need to clean up.  I want to know who in the hell let him in here.  Lau Gan-Lan has been banned from my parties for years."  Bolin nods.  "I'll get on it."  I sigh.  "Don't, I'll go up into the office and evaluate my security team."  He nods. 

      Some waiters come out and they start cleaning up.  Korra approaches me and we move away from the spill.  "Wu's going to be okay.  Just a small cut on the side of his head."  I nod.  "Alright, when Bolin said that Gan-Lan threw his drink I thought he meant he threw the liquid."  Korra chuckles.  "Nope, he slapped a whole glass of rosé up against Wu's head."  I smile at her. 

     I look around.  I see Zhu Li.  "I need to uh go apologize to President Moon, want to come?"  Korra nods.  We walk over to Zhu Li. 

      I smile at Zhu Li and Varrick.  "Varrick, can I borrow Zhu Li for a quick second?"  Varrick nods.  Him and Korra step off to the side. 

     I scratch my neck.  "I'm sorry for the minor incident involving one of the waitstaff and Lau Gan-Lan of Cabbage Corp. I promise this incident will not be repeated."  She smiles.  "It's fine, just enjoy the party with your girlfriend."  I nod.  We walk over to Korra and Varrick who are talking about swords. 

        Korra's face lights up when she sees me.  I slide my hand in the crook of her arm.  We walk around together. 

       Someone taps my shoulder.  I turn around.  General Iroh is standing there.  I smile.  "Hello, General."  He nods.  "Ms. Sato, Korra.  I need to talk to you Ms. Sato."  I nod. Korra steps off to the side. 

    I roh and I walk together. I look at Iroh.  "Yes?"  "You need to reevaluate your security team."  I chuckle.  "I know.  I hate firing people.  I'm not someone like Arnold Dump."  He laughs.  "Yes, you are way better than him at managing a business.  I uh I need to talk to you about the tech your company has.  My restaurant, it's a bit outdated.  My mother, grandfather, and I were wanting to say, add a bit more newer technology.  How are we to go about that?"  I chuckle.  "Okay, so I may be wrong because I'm not one hundred percent all in of our day to day.  I am involved to an extent, like I'll check up on my employees and I help them out."  He nods. 

     I sigh.  "So, uh I believe you go to the website and just book an appointment with one of our technicians to renovate.  I'm not entirely sure though."  He nods. "Thanks, how's Korra?"  I blush.  "She's stunning."  He chuckles.  "I bet, you spent a lot at the restaurant the other night."  I smile.  "She's also something else.  I thought she was just a goofy person, but she has a soft spot for romcoms."  He laughs.  "So does her dad.  I remember walking over to their home and her dad was just crying his eyes out over a romcom."  We laugh together.  I smile.  "Well, I should get back to her."  He nods.  "Yeah, I'll see you around Ms. Sato." He walks off. 

        I find Korra.  She's talking with Opal and Bolin.   She smiles at me.  I kiss her cheek.  "Hey." "Hey, what're we talking about?"  "Oh, Bolin was telling us about a new coffee shop that opened near his apartment."  I nod.  Korra smiles.  Her phone rings.  She steps away and answers it. 

      She comes back.  "Uh sorry, I should probably go.  It's like midnight and Jinora's not sure it's saf—."  I smile at her.  "Go, your friend's more important."  Korra nods and she leaves.  Bolin stretches.  "Yeah, Opal and I should be heading home too."  He does finger guns at me.    "Same time tomorrow as always?"  I nod. 

      I leave my party and I head up to my office.  I look at the security team on my computer.