Catering

Korra's POV:

       I hang some Christmas lights outside on the roof.  Mako approaches where my ladder is.  "Last minute decorating?" "No, found these in storage.  These are my favorite lights."  "Well, don't fall."  He goes inside. 

     I plug my lights in.  Part of the lights don't light up.   I grumble.  I walk over to the burned out lights.  I misstep and I slip on some ice. 

       My feet catch on the lights and I dangle off of the roof.  I see the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. 

    Her wavy black hair sticks out in the winter snow, and her beautiful red and black suit is perfect for Christmas. 

    She turns away from the other woman she's with.  She looks right at me.  She has the most beautiful green eyes. 

    She jumps back.  "Geez!"  I chuckle.  "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you.  I was hanging up some lights, and well.  I'm Korra."  She laughs.  "I thought I seen someone on the roof.  Hi, I'm Asami.  Asami Sato."  "A-Asami Sato, from Future Industries?"  She nods. 

      I rub my neck.  "Sorry, you must get that a lot."  She laughs.  "I do."  "So uh, what can I get you?  A seat?  I can have our host seat you as fast as we can."  I smile.  "Maybe you could get down?  You look uncomfortable."  "I uh, I am.  Would you or your partner there get one of the hosts?"  The woman she's with nods and goes inside. 

      I smile at Asami.  "So, what brings you to my dad's restaurant?"  "Oh, my company is hosting a Christmas party at the Future Industries Tower Christmas eve.  The normal caterers quit at the last minute."  I smile.  "So, you've come to us.  Good decision.  We serve desserts and dinners."  She laughs.  "Do you always do business deals upside down?"  I shrug.  "It happens from time to time."  She laughs again. 

    I smile.  She smiles at me.  Mako comes out of the restaurant he looks at me.  "What did I tell you?!"  "To not fall, look I'm trying to make a deal here!"  He chuckles and he climbs on the ladder. 

      He gets on the roof.  "I'll move the lights, and there's snow under you."  "Fine!"  I land in some snow. 

    I get up and I scratch my neck.  I look at Asami, she's trying not to laugh.  "My uh, my father's inside he knows more about booking better than me.  And he could definitely get you set up for your company.  He's probably in his office.  Ask the other host for Tonraq"  "Thank you.  I'll tell him you helped me."  She goes inside. 

    I hear Mako scream.  He comes off of the roof and lands in the snow.  "What did you tell me?"  He sighs.  "To not fall."  I laugh at him.  He moves some snow off out of his hair.  "I'm going home to change.  Cover for me."  He leaves. 

Asami's POV:

       The cute girl out front was very helpful.  Kuvira approaches me.  "Who do we need to talk to?"  "The owner."  Another host greets us.  "Hi, I'm Wu what can I get you fine ladies tonight?"  I smile.  "We need to speak to Tonraq, the woman outside said that he's the owner." Wu smiles.  "Of course, he's in his office right now, I'll take you to him."  We leave the dining room. 

    We go down a hallway. Wu knocks on the door.  A tan, large man opens the door.  The girl out front looks exactly like him. 

    I smile.  "Thank you Wu." Wu nods and walks back out to the front. 

     I hold my hand out to the tan gentleman in front of me.  "Hello, I am Asami Sato."  He shakes it.  "I'm Tonraq."  I smile.  "Tonraq, may I speak with you?"  He moves from the doorway.  "Come on in. 

    We all sit down.  "What may I do for you two ladies?  Especially you, Ms. Sato."  "We need your restaurant's service for a catering job."  He smiles.  "When?"  "Christmas Eve.  Don't worry, we will pay very well, and for any overtime your employees work."  We talk some more business. 

    I adjust my seating position.  "So, we'd like the whole menu."  He smiles.  "Alright then, I will notify my employees.  Thank you, Ms. Sato.  What time would you like us to be there?"  "Five PM.  And is your daughter part of the catering crew?"  He shakes his head.  "No, but she helps make food sometimes, why?"  "Just wondering."  We shake hands.  Kuvira and I leave. 

     Korra's out front leaning on the restaurant's porch.  She suddenly stands straight as she sees me. 

    I go to approach her.  "We're on a schedule Sami."  "One moment."  I approach Korra. 

     She smiles.  "Hey, how'd it go?"  "Your restaurant will cater my company."  "That's great."  "What are you doing on Christmas Eve?"  "Oh, I'll probably be laying around my flat with my dog watching Christmas movies."  "Well, maybe you could come out to my party.  I'd love to see you there."  I wink at her and I leave with Kuvira.