Christmas Eve Party

Korra's POV:

I rush over to Bolin's apartment with the suit I got for Asami's party. I knock on his door. He opens it. He's in shortsand a sweatshirt. "Yeah?" "Think this is okay?" He looks at me. "Come on in."

I go inside his apartment. I take the suit out of the garment bag. He looks at it. "Nice. It's good." "Great! I mean I definitely should've showed Asami when she was at my place yesterday, but I mean, we both kind of fell asleep on the couch watching romantic comedies."  He smiles.  "Aw, cute.  Okay, yes it is perfect."  I smile.  "Great, thanks.  I'll see you later."  I leave. 

          I head home and I put my suit on.  I look at myself in the mirror then I look at Naga.  She smiles and wags her tail.  "Good girl.  I'll be gone for a few hours.  Okay?  You alright by yourself?"  Naga barks.  "I'll have Jinora come over and watch you."  Naga barks.  I pet her.  I put on a coat over my suit. 

     I walk to my dad's restaurant. Mako's loading up the rest of the food into the truck. He looks at me. "Asami will like that look. What's up?" "Just visiting. This the last load?" He nods. "Just crackers and stuff that doesn't need to be cooked. Some drinks as well." "I'll see you there then." He nods. "I still need to get dressed. It's in like an hour, right?" I shrug. "Yeah, but Asami asked me to come early tonight." He smiles. "Well have fun." I leave.

I gl to Asami's building. I go inside. Someone from her staff approaches me. "May I take your coat, miss?" I nod and I slip my overcoat off of my suit.

I hand it to them. They walk off. I walk into the ballroom. It's beautiful. Large ornaments hang from the ceiling, the second biggest tree I've ever seen is in the corner of the room. It has tons of gifts under it. A makeshift stage with a piano is in the opposite corner.

I stare at it all. Someone taps my shoulder. I turn around. Asami is standing there in the most beautiful red dress that I have ever seen. It's sleeveless with a gold necklace connecting to red mesh which connects to the rest of the dress. She smiles. "Hey, so I got you something." I smile at her. "What is it?" She holds a smallish black box in her hand. "Here." I take it.

I open it. It's a golden necklace with a little golden square that has waves in it. I smile at her.  "Aw, thank you.  I love it."  She smiles at me. 

      She suddenly looks up.  I look up as well.  Mistletoe.  We look at each other.  "Uh." She kisses my cheek. I smile. "Well, that was a bit awkward. I uh I think that you are beautiful." She laughs. "I think you look quite beautiful." We quickly walk away from the mistletoe.

I take the necklace she gave me out of the box. "Can you uh help me put this on?" "Sure." I hand it to her.

She puts it around my neck. She fastens it. I turn around and I look at her. "How do I look?" "Perfect." I look at the box in my hand. "Uh, where can I put this?" "Oh, uh I can put it in my office really quick." I smile. "Sure." She walks off.

Bolin walks into the room wearing a green suit. He walks up to me and notices my necklace right away. "Woah, that looks really good Korra." "Thanks, Asami got it for me." He nods. "Yeah, I've never seen it in person! It's beautiful." I chuckle. "Thanks. Did she get anything else?" He smiles. "Nope." Mako walks over in his waiter clothes.

He smiles at Bolin and I. "Hey, you two are very early." Bolin looks at his watch. "About thirty minutes." He smiles and pats both of our backs. "Let me get you guys some drinks."  Mako walks off.

I look at Bolin.  "So, you go to these often?"  He nods.  "Asami, Asami is like Batman."  I laugh.  "That's a bad example.  She throws parties for the holidays every year.  Her parties are just huge.  Really fun,  President Moon attends them a lot."  I smile.  "Really?"  He nods.  "Her and Asami talk shop sometimes, then other times Asami's alone. Then halfway through the party, poof! Asami's gone."  I smile.  "Well I—."  Asami walks over to us.