Chapter 2: Abduction and a Friend's Denial

Depuis le début

"Ayanokouji? That guy?"

Kiyopon is quite popular lately, even with the boys? Hehe~

"A killer?"

"!"

"A what?!" she thought as her head instinctively turned to the two 3rd years.

What in the world are they talking about? If I was good with talking to strangers I would've immediately expressed my anger at them. Just because we're loners doesn't mean we're psychos!

"I don't know, but it's all over the internet."

Haaah?! Internet?! They meant unreliable rumors in group chats right?!

She can't take their words anymore, and so she just went straight into her room with quickened steps.

What she heard was still bothering her. Before she knew it, she took out her phone whilst standing, ignored all the message notifications from a seemingly new chat group she was invited in, and opened a browser.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

Time unknown, in the White Room.

"Mmmmmm...ah! Huh?!"

"..."

"Oy! where the hell am I dipshit!" the thug, or more precisely the 13th target, angrily said to the person in front of him. He was in a room coated with nothing but white. His limbs were restrained. Despite his current state, he was still able to act in such a beastly manner

"Complete the task and you're free." the man in front of him said.

"Tch! The hell?! What task ya talkin' 'bout huh?!"

"I will send someone here, beat him, you're free." It was a lie. Once you're in, you can't get out; once you're disabled, you will be...recycled.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

Clickety-clickety-clickety-clickety-clickety-clickety-clack!

"It's all over the internet: video hosters, forums, chatrooms, social media, everything. New articles are popping up too, journalists work fast, I'm impressed...well, some of those were our pre-prepared documents though. I felt like we literally just hacked the planet. Huhu." the hooded man said.

The scandal was spread at an exponential rate; it was fast. Not just in the widespread surface-level media, but also in the smallest of fissures lurking deep in the world's biggest network. it was impossible to silence, impossible to take down. Today was definitely...a new page in history.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

MAY 1ST—"THE WHITE ROOM, THE WORLD'S BIGGEST SCANDAL," THE JAPAN TIMES.

On May 1st, 2:30 p.m. a group of hackers leaked information all over the internet about a secret Facility named the White Room. According to them: "[T]he White Room, a secret facility[...]is the biggest scandal on planet Earth." No official statements[...]

MAY 1ST—"MULTIPLE GENERATIONS OF CHILDREN, USED AS LAB-RATS IN A FACILITY KNOWN AS THE WHITE ROOM," JAPAN TODAY

[I]t is said that the facility was running for 20 years since it first operated. They used kidnapped and orphaned children[...]they were used as the subjects for the project[...]

MAY 1ST—"AYANOKOUJI KIYOTAKA, AND TWO OTHERS FROM THE WHITE ROOM, IN ADVANCED NURTURING HIGH SCHOOL," THE JAPAN TIMES.

[T]hree of which are now in Japan's most prestigious High School. It is said that the former was an escapee of the facility.[...]