Give Me Anesthetic

Look at my pretty, shiny life.

I can make it sparkle for you, I swear.

Look at my clean floors.

I scrubbed them until my hands were sore, aren't they beautiful?

Look at my put-together house.

One of us has to be, I swear.

Look at how well I can keep things in order.

I can keep a house clean, doesn't that mean my life is together too? That's what Mom taught me, how can it not be so?

Look at my shiny life.

Shiny, shiny and pretty, covering up the cracks and dark places.

Look at the exterior of beautiful diamonds and clean plates and sweet smiles and take in the smell of freshly baked goods and make yourself comfortable.

I'll make you cupcakes and cornets and baked goods and I'll cook for you.

Do Not look at the trash can, full of half eaten foods and broken plates I can't be bothered to scrape off

Get that disgusting sugary mess off of my counter now, get rid of it, the bowl and all, now get out get out get out get the smell out get the bleach, scrub, scrub until it's clean and pure and perfect again

Do Not look at the sadness behind my smile.

I can make it look so good, I swear, I know how to smile with my eyes.

Do Not look at me while you're eating, Do Not wonder why I'm not eating too.

Oh, now, you just don't understand how those scary calories and carbs and sugarfilled fats stick to my insides like a poisonous tar, it's just not a good sight.

Do Not look at my pills, lined up neatly on the microwave, happy little candies to keep my life shiny.

When you take eight pills in the morning and four at night who needs to eat?

Do Not look at the girl behind the curtain, because she will just disappoint you. 

Look at my WizardOfOz life and remain jealous because I have lost 25 pounds this month and cleaned out my refridgerator twice and scrubbed the inside of the oven and kept everything so lovely.

because I have lost 25 pounds, starving myself and fasting, and cutting my skin open to bleed pretty flowers and I have alienated everyone in my pretty, shiny life.