L A T E N I G H T S

Start from the beginning

I stood up from my seat after class finished, students were slowly leaving the class, I grabbed my bag and headed to the front of the class to my fathers desk.

He looked around the room making sure everyone was gone.

"Aurora I think..." he started to talk but he stopped and stood up coming around to me past his desk.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You need to stay away from that Riddle boy" he said looking down at me.

"What are you talking about?" I furrowed my eyebrows together.

"I saw you two in class today. You need to stay away from him, he's bad news" my dad said.

"I was just looking. Nothings going on." I explained truthfully.

"Good I don't want you near him his father is a terrible person."

"I know that but that's his dad you can't judge him because of his asshole dad." I said.

"Language Aurora." My dad scolded.

"You can't just judge Mattheo because of who his father is! that's not-"

"Yes I can! You know who his father is Aurora, he's a psychopath"

I closed my eyes so my father didn't see me rolling my eyes "you will stay away from him or your time at this school will be over" my father said.

"Is that clear?" He asked.

"Yes" I said.

He's overreacting clearly... I was just looked at him and yes we've talked a few times but it's nothing like that.

~

My classes for the day were over and I went to the library to do my homework. I was in the middle of doing my Potions homework when I needed a book, so I got up and scanned the shelves for the book that I needed.

When I found the book I had to stand on my tippy toes to reach the book. Before I could reach it a large hand grabbed it.

I turned around to see Mattheo Riddle hovering over me. He held the book over my head for a few seconds smirking at me before he pulled it down and opened it up. He scanned his fingers through the pages I couldn't help but stare at his fingers lightly pressed up against the book.

"Advanced potion making" Mattheo said reading the cover.

"Thanks" I said quietly grabbing the book out of his hands. I walked back to the desk I was recently doing my homework at. I sat down and opened the potions book looking for the page I needed.

My attention was pulled away from the book when Mattheo sat down across from me.

He was just sitting there looking at me so I put my head back down to my book. His knee lightly brushed against my bare knee. I peaked my eyes up from my book looking at him he still wasn't doing anything he was just sitting there looking at me.

"I'll see you around" I said and got up.

"Where are you going?" He asked.