"That was so cheesy" Fiona said out loud with a large grin on her face. The bell ring signalling that break was over and they both walked back to the class while they laughed and joked about things. The English teacher walked into the class and the students organized their selves immediately. Mrs. Adah was a teacher no one in the school tried to mess with. She was strict when she wanted to be and sometimes playful but she didn't take nonsense from anyone.

"Afternoon how are you?" She answered as she placed her textbook on the wooden table next to the white board.

"Fine thank you" the whole chorused as they watched Mrs Adah write the subject on the board.

"So today we'll just do a quick revision on all you had learnt the previous term and also, I will be giving out your scheme of work for the term" she stated firmly and all the students nodded in understanding. She begun scribbling few topics they had dealt with before a thought popped into her head causing her to abruptly stop writing. She turned towards the students and called Fiona who answered immediately.

"I see that you're excellent at this subject, yes?" She asked and Fiona nodded.

"Well, kelechi Obi, science class. I'm sure you know him?" Mrs Adah asked making Fiona's heart skip a beat. Of course she knew him, the question was who didn't know him?.

"Well you'll be tutoring him on this subject, he isn't very good at it and I seem you a perfect candidate for this job. I hope you don't have a problem with it?" She said one eyebrow lifted.

Fiona shook her head furiously. Even if she wanted to say no, Mrs Adah's words were final.

"No me, it's fine" Fiona muttered with a croaked voice. She wasn't happy about it, how would she react being extremely close to the guy whom she had a massive crush on. Mrs Adah went back to writing on the board and all Fiona could think of was how to face kelechi without becoming a blushing mess.

The next period was a free period for the ss3z students and coincidentally ss3P also had a free period. Fiona nudged her best friend once she had arrived at her seat and asked her to accompany her to kelechi's class. Amaka agreed and soon they were on their way to his class. On arrival, kelechi was spotted with his friends, chatting and laughing heartily and the new girl was also with them. She sighed inwardly before walking into the class with Amaka following behind. She stopped in front of them.

"Hey" Fiona said mustering all the confidence she had in her body. No one answered her apart from Adam who answered with a smile. She gave him a grateful nod before repeating the same word much louder this time. This earned their attention and she gasped when she saw the angry look kelechi gave her.

"What?" He asked boredom evident in his voice, his face contorted into a frown. Nevertheless, he still looked good to Fiona.

"Mrs Adah has asked me to tutor you in English" she went straight to the point. What she didn't expect was kelechi's loud guffaw which startled her.

"You?" He laughed some more and Adam nudged him on the shoulder. Fiona was annoyed. What did he think, that she wasn't smart?.

"Yes me" she spoke confidently which made him silent.

"Why should you tutor me? Did I ever complain that I wasn't passing the subject" he asked

"You should be asking Mrs Adah that question, not me. I'm only doing what she asked me to do. If you don't want to be tutored fine, it's not even my business" Fiona stated angrily. She didn't even know why she was angry but she was completely fed up.

The class 'ooo-ed' at what she said and kelechi's jaw ticked. If he didn't like the girl before, he didn't like her times two now.

"You better watch you're talking to!" He spat angrily making Fiona flinch.

"Shut up!" Amaka said annoyed. "If you don't want her to tutor you, go and tell Mrs Adah and stop barking like a dog here. Look at how you've painted saliva on her pretty face" Amaka defended. Kelechi glared at her anger radiating off him.

"Was anyone talking to you?" Kelechi voiced. Amaka shrugged and continued picking her nails.

"If you don't want to be tutored by me, simply go and tell Mrs Adah. It's not like I even wanted to in the first place." Fiona said before taking Amaka's arm and walked out of the classroom leaving a very furious boy.

"Who the fuck does she think she is?" Kelechi seethed. He really hated the girl and he didn't even know why. She was just so annoying to him.

"Come on bro, you're totally overreacting now. She spoke nicely but you just started shouting at her" Adam said his hands on his shoulders.

"So you're siding that sick thing?" Adam frowned

"She isn't sick." He stated firmly. Kelechi glared at him before walking out of the class heading straight to Mrs Adah's office. Adam shook his head before going back to his seat. He wondered why his best friend hated Fiona so much. The class murmured at what had occured and it wasn't even his business.

The new girl on the other hand just watched. She made it a mental note to try talking to Fiona. She was willing to know who that girl was because she had intrigued her. Everything about her intrigued her and she was really curious.

________________________,
Chapter 2 ✔️✅

Thoughts?
Votes(please 😭😭)

Comments

What'd you think.

Sec school and drama eh😂😂