Chapter 8: Into The Woods

Start from the beginning

"mama is really cool... and i like Haylee's glasses she looks cute"

"i think she looks cute too, so don't talk bad about your sister glasses okay"

"yes ma'am" Aj respectfully answered. The three continue walking in blissful silence before stopping. On top of a large hill Josie grabs both her daughters hands and guided them to the top. Once there, Josie sets up a blanket which her girls happily sat down in. They look up into the horizon. The bright yellow star that was once hidden in the mountains slowly rose up. The sky filled with light and everything around them became more visible. The sounds of gasps and awe filled Josies ear and felt some form of nostalgia. Seeing her daughters laughing and clapping as if they just saw the coolest thing in the world.

*snap* Josie turned her head behind her when she heard the sound of a camera. She saw Hope with Andrea in one arm and a camera in hand taking pictures of the beauty around her. "mama" Aj got up and ran towards hope happy to see her. She hugged the older mikaelsons leg jumping in glee. She made her way towards the group and sat down placing the 3 month old baby on the warm blanket so she could stretch her tiny legs more.

Hope took off the large backpack she was carrying and took out a few canvases and water-paint. "do you girls wanna paint with me" Hope raised the blank canvases into the air. both girls looked at each other excitedly before helping Hope set up the canvases. Hope picked up Andrea holding her into the air bringing her down slowly to her face to give her a kiss on her nose. Andrea giggled in hopes face grabbing her mothers cheeks before biting her softly as her way of giving a kiss back.

"The leaves in the trees all have the same color. But when the light, the wind and the color of the sky overlap, when that happens, it's really pretty." Hope bounce her daughter lightly as she pointed out to the trees. "I wonder what you're looking at" Andrea head butted Hope but she puckered her lips kissing her head.

Hope sat in front where a canvas was placed. She grabbed her color pallet on her hand and grabbed a brush. She held her daughter tightly with her left arm that held the pallet. Haylee sitting on Hopes right side trying to get her paint neatly organized. Aj on her right sitting on Josies lap patienly waiting for her mother to finish opening the new packet of paint. "What's important in watercolor is the amount of water. More water leads to a lighter color, and less water gives deeper color. Along with how much water you mix into the paint, the amount of water in the brush and paper also change the color... hey are you paying attention" Hope lightly tickled her baby causing her to squeal. Hope smiled and began to paint.

Hope turned towards her girls to see what they were painting. Haylee looked like she was trying to paint the sunrise while Aj, well Aj was facinated by the paint on her hands then on the brush. Josie however was helping Aj with her finger painting.

Hope looked at her baby daughter and back at the blank canvas. She took off Andreas sock and placed her tiny foot on the paint. Andrea balled up her toes when she felt the color paint on her foot but eventually straighten them. Hope began to stamp her tiny feet on the canvas. She added a lot of color on top of one another. She then used a brush and black paint to finished up the painting. She sat back to take a closer look at it.

"I totally didn't realize that flowers like that were blooming" Josie came up behind Hope and wrapped her arms around her. "Using the baby's foot to create the petals beautiful touch" Josie kissed Hope on her neck. She tilted her head slightly to give Josie more access.

"The painting isn't about replicating the world, it's about interpreting it, improving on it, showing something you see," Hope scooted over to give her wife room to sit. She removed the canvas and placed a new clean one.

"Do something for me close your eyes" Hope smiled. Josie raised an eyebrow but reluctantly did what her wife said. "Try to imagine something that doesn't exist. Something you've never seen. Now focus on how it makes you feel and let your hand drift across the canvas" Hope instructed her wife. Andrea letting out a small squeal. "No love you already had your turn" Hope kissed her child on her cheek making a fart noises causing, Andrea to giggle. She watched as Josie brought her hand up and began to paint eyes still closed then slowly opened them.