"Don't, James," she seethed while flipping around to face them. Elsie began pacing the floor, not knowing how to express her anger.

"Whose idea was it to come and find me after I specifically said I could handle myself?" She threateningly pointer her finger at the boys. James looked down at the ground while shuffling his feet and shyly saying, "Mine."

She narrowed her eyes while locking them on James. "You three," she angrily began to say while pointing her finger at Sirius, Remus, and Peter, "Leave. Now."
Not even a second later, the three boys scurried out of the room to avoid the wrath of their female friend. Elsie dragged James into his room and slammed the door behind them.

"Muffliato," James whispered as Elsie's angry expression broke for a second while turning to look at him in confusion. He scratched the back of his neck while explaining himself, "Sorry, Lily's sleeping and I don't want her to wake up when you yell at me."

Elsie's enraged demeanor returned once again as James walked over to sit on the edge of his bed, knowing that there was no stopping his best friend when she was mad.

"How could you, James?!" She shouted while pointing her finger at the boy sitting down in front of her.

She began pacing the room as she continued spewing words at James, who's head was hanging lowly, "Godric, James...I asked you to do one thing for me, just one! I mean, honestly, is it too much for a girl to ask for her best friends to respect her privacy!"

"Elsie, I-,"

"NO," she screamed while stopping in front of James, "This is the second time! Did what I say last time mean anything to you?! I specifically told you that I could handle myself and that I do not need four boys chasing after me trying to save me every time I'm just simply having a conversation with someone!"

James stood up from the bed and placed his hands on her shoulders, towering over the small girl in front of him while trying to get a word in, "Elsie, listen to me... I-,"

"No, James!" She shouted and shrugged his hands off her shoulder, brushing off the fact of how close they were to each other, "I'm not a little girl anymore! I can handle myself and..."

James tuned out what Elsie was saying as he began to think about the angry girl in front of him. Truth is, Elsie is right. James was in the wrong, and he couldn't feel any more guilty about it. He was just trying to look out for her, but completely disregarded her plea for privacy while doing so. James didn't know why he got so mad when seeing her there with him. He just wanted her to be safe and when he got there and saw that she was okay, he got even angrier. Why was she okay talking to someone like him?

James' thoughts turned into chaos. He's never been the possessive type over his friends, so why was he being this way with Elsie? And to make things worse, he couldn't stop thinking about how he blew off a kiss from Lily because he was thinking about his best friend. What the bloody hell is going on with me?

His pent up frustration began to boil as he tuned back into the girl who was still screaming at him.

"And to think, I've always given you the privacy and respect you've asked for! I don't come waltzing into your conversations with Sirius or with Remus or Peter or even Lily! How is it fair that..."

James was so confused with everything going on and he just needed a second to think. He needed everything to be quiet. He couldn't take her screaming anymore, he needed to apologize. He needed Elsie to stop talking. So, in a moment of frustration, James did what he did best: make a confusing situation even more confusing...