"Party over here, Party over there" - Chapter 14

Start from the beginning

I feel like I'm stuck at a crossroads.

In my heart, I know that I'm deeply in love with Darius. Without a doubt, but in the immortal words of Tina "what's love got to do with it"

Our relationship has just become so much more complicated because of this massive ordeal that took place in the past. Although the damage took place in the past I feel as though I am dealing with the consequences today.

How do I look into the eyes of the man I love and say, "I'm sorry my dad tried to kill you. And oh I know it's him because I used to be apart of the family gang" What I don't understand is why my dad tried to hurt him when he always made it seem like he loved him.

Growing up every time Darius came round he was always treating him like another son, always giving him money for his mom and brother so where the hell did all this cone from?

I wish I could just pause life right now. Just long enough to catch my breathe and make sense of all of this mess.

 Just long enough to catch my breathe and make sense of all of this mess

What he is referring to is the birthday pool party that Shaq was having.

Now normally I'd think of every excuse to get out of this but I can't. I know that Shanise will literally kill me because her man East is gonna be there.

Her and East have been getting pretty close lately but she's  taken my advice to slow things down with him a lil. Well that's what she's said to me anyways.

Incoming call Nicey❣️

I pick up the phone and place it on Loud speaker

"Heyy Hoe" I say with laughter in my spirit

"Uh uh why I gotta be a Hoe? It's only been 1 minute and 34 seconds of the call"

"Cause I know you probably just finished hopping off of East"

I hear her begin to giggle "uh uh you in grown folks business. Don't do that"

"Mmmhmm what can I help you with you Shanise Renee "

"Well Kendra LayLani, I wanted to know what time you wanted me to come and pick you up for Shaq's party tonight"

"Yeah Ermm.....I'm not sure if I'm going"

"Whatchu mean you not sure if you're going"

"Of course you going"

"Look I Shan-"

"Nope. Nah. Nuh uh. I'm not tryna hear all of that. I know what you're gonna say. I know you in a weird place with Darius right now and I get that but that can't stop you from living your life PLUS you avoiding him isn't doing either of you any favours"