Chapter 3 ~ Milkshakes

Start from the beginning

As we trundle down the halls I feel weird walking alongside the boys people move out the way for. I can practically hear people laughing- what is she doing with them?

Jesus, the thought makes me want to laugh.

Deep in thought, I don't realise the locker door in front of me, swinging open nearly into my face. I squeeze my eyes shut waiting for the impact but it never comes. Opening my eyes one by one I see a large tattooed hand holding the door inches away from my face.

"Careful clumsy." Blaze leans down to my level and murmurs in my ear. His minty breath hitting my neck with his deep voice pleasing my eardrum.

"Oh..uh...uh thanks." I stutter, my cheeks burn as I move around the locker, avoiding the gaze of the boy who'd helped me out twice today.

Snickers and gasps are heard from the locker owner but when Blaze's hand goes to rest on the bottom of my back to guide me into the classroom I flinch away and bolt into the class.

I didn't mean to flinch away but it was just a surprise... it sent a weird feeling through my spine.

"Big A!" Brady calls from a desk at the back, I presume I'm Big A, weaving through the desks I make it to Brady and take the desk next to his, Vixxie's in front of me and I don't realise Blaze is behind me until he drops his jacket into the chair next to mine.

Ignoring the butterflies I feel from the intimation radiating off Blaze, I turn to Brady.

"Big A?"

He snickers, "Yeah it's my nickname for you... you know because an Atlas is a world map and they're big, so Big A. It's that or my blonde bitch." He winks innocently but I hear Blaze scoff from beside me. Turning I see the small grin capturing his face and it's gorgeous.

After classes are done, Vixxie, Carrie and I are wandering down the front steps of the school when Vixxie turns to us,

"I don't suppose you girls would want to go grab milkshakes or something? I heard there's a good diner around here..." She trails off biting on her lip.

"Yeah, I'd love that!" Carrie shoves her hands through her rucksack straps with a grateful smile, "Atlas?" They both turn to me.

"Oh no, I can't." I move my eyes to the floor. I need to do the grocery shopping and my dad hates it when I get home late. I usually spend my evenings revising anyway, that scholarship isn't just going to appear.

"Oh come on!" Vixxie pleads.

I really can't, dad would be so mad if he knew I'd been out and I shouldn't be going ou having fun when I need to be focused on getting the best grades! But then I look at their pleading faces and realise that no ones actually ever even asked me to go out with them... is the idea of friends a bad one- Very possibly but do I like the idea of having some right now- yeah.

"Alright then." I smile as Vixxies arm falls around my shoulders and we start in a line of the diner.

" I smile as Vixxies arm falls around my shoulders and we start in a line of the diner