wip || xxxvi.

"I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love."

CHASE AMIR LEEWINSTON-SALEM, NC

CHASE AMIR LEE
WINSTON-SALEM, NC.

I stood outside of the hospital, sitting on the hood of my car waiting for Paris to come out. This has been the longest three months of my life but I was glad it was over. I came and saw her when I could, but they only allowed visitors once a week and sometimes she wasn't in the right state to even have a visitor.

I contemplated this whole week about whether or not I should propose to her the minute she got out but I decided not to, because I didn't wanna put the stress of planning a wedding on her when she just got out of a psych ward.

Snapping out of my thoughts I looked up seeing her coming out of the hospital. I jogged over to her and picked her up and kissing all on her face, catching her by surprise.

I don't give a fuck I missed the fuck outta her.

I put her down and she was just smiling. "I, um, I have something for you but we need to sit down in the car first."

"Alright," I grabbed her little bag from her and I tried to get the paper bag she had but she didn't let me touch it. She started walking to the car and I followed behind her, looking her up and down.

She gained her weight back, I'm not sure if she was the same size as she was before she stopped eating but she definitely seemed a healthy weight now. I was happy.

I went to the passengers side and opened the door for her, allowing her to get in before I shut it and went to my side and got in, tossing her bag in the backseat.

"What you got in there?" I nodded at the paper bag, putting my seatbelt on.

"Uh, the um, the lady gave me some um antidepressants." She looked at me. "I think they should work, so that's good."

I nodded before leaning over and kissing her cheek multiple times making her giggle. "I missed you man, for real."

"I missed you too."

"How was it?" I asked. I wanted to know, I needed to make sure they wasn't up in that bitch mistreating her.

"Um, well, for the first few days I had a breakdown every day and it lasted longer than normal because there wasn't really anybody there to calm me down or at least try to calm me down. Then they moved me to a floor that had mostly moms going through postpartum or just depression in general and I made a friend."

"Her name is Nadia and we exchanged numbers. She got released before me, around a month ago and I said I'll text her when I was back home but anyway, after she left I went back to having breakdowns because she calmed me down, but they stopped eventually. The people who worked there said that this was normal and I was prescribed anti depressants to help."