01

written inspired by enhypen's storyline, given-taken lyrics & teasers. please keep in mind all members are apart of this fanfic and the main theme is mystery/drama! 
*note: pronouns she/her is used for the reader/whoever you imagine in this situation.

recommend to play the music I put above to match the mood 
happy reading! p.s this book will get DRAMATIC as hell.

I

Wispy grass cuts at her ankles like shards of glass as she gravitated toward the endless forest. She had grown curious after desperate and painful cries could be heard from the forest during the deadly hours of the night. These cries had been going on for days if not weeks, keeping her wide awake at night. She now stood just a few feet away from the thin line between sun-glazed grass and a gravely dim forest. It was as if the shadowed forest was calling her name until a cold hand wrenched at her wrist.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Jungwon quickly stopped Y/N from getting any closer to the darkness that radiated from the unknown.

"Why does it matter? And let go of my wrist it hurts!" She raised her voice while trying to haul her arm out of his painfully tight grip.

"It's against the rules!" Jungwon urged.

It was true, the adults and caregivers at the boarding school had always mentioned that the forest was forbidden for many unanswered reasons. But breaking the rules wasn't something that would cause Jungwon to act like this.

"As if you haven't broken any rules before," Y/N's eyes almost rolled to the back of her head when she said that. "It wasn't like I was actually going to go anyways..." Her tone lowered, letting go of any curiosity beyond the boundary to avoid a further argument with him.

"Sorry... I was just... Worried." He muttered with a wave of relief in his shaky voice. His tense shoulders had finally lowered as he exhaled with a long breath.

"Worried?" Y/N says with a clear question mark in her voice, "So you hear it too at night... Don't you?"

"Hear what at night?" Y/N could hear the very lie slip right through his tongue.

"The cries in the woods late at night. Don't act like you don't hear it Yang Jungwon."

He froze, his body growing stiffer and tenser at the sound of his full name being said.

"Look, I don't know... Let's just head back... Our curfew isn't long and you know that." He shook his head and pulled her by the wrist, this time without as much force.

II

Jungwon was just another one of your friends. If anything, the two of you weren't that close. But these days, your friendship had actually begun to deepen with him. You were both oddly similar and clicked faster than most people. And with his calm and mature personality, talking with him was never a chore. 

However, seeing him so worked up and hostile over "breaking rules" was so unusual. The vivid memory only seemed to linger in the back of your mind along the walk back.

"Jungwon are you hiding something from me?" You trailed behind, ensuring your heels pedalled in harmony up the concrete steps.

"I'm not hiding anything." He sighed with a clear rise of frustration in his bleak tone.

The sound of his sharp sigh intimidated you, creating a deafening silence throughout the rest of the journey back. The loud sound of nothingness only came to an end once you had crossed paths with a familiar face.

"Oh, Yang Jungwon! I was waiting for you." A scarlet haired boy hollered.

You knew the red-head. It was no other than Lee Heeseung but it wasn't like he knew your face or your name. You were always kind of a nobody to people. Meanwhile, Heeseung was part of a collection of boys who happen to be the hottest topic amongst the female dorm. Who doesn't know them?

"Who's this?" Heeseung sneaked in a smile that exposed his pearly teeth after you connected eyes with him.

"You should get going Y/N... I'll explain another time." Jungwon shook his head, trying to end any further conversation between you and Heeseung.

"You're friends with him?" You whispered, completely ignoring what he had just said. Your eyes could just not believe they were seeing Lee Heeseung so up close. You couldn't help it, he was so pretty for no reason. You stare in awe only to trip up the last step of the staircase, scraping your hand horribly against the pavement in an attempt to catch yourself. Your face began to bubble with embarrassment, a slow but hot burn boiling at your cheeks. Perhaps your falling made it quite obvious you were distracted by the look of Heeseung as he was quick to react.

"Are you alright?" Heeseung came closer from behind Jungwon, making you dizzy with the feeling of hallucination. You were so convinced he was a hologram.

"It's only bleeding a bit. I'll be fi..." You couldn't finish your sentence now that you were utterly lost in his eyes. He crouched down beside you with eyes that glittered like the first snow. You were pathetically falling for him at that moment, breathless.

"Are you sure?" He took your hand with a feathery touch, bringing himself dangerously close to exam it. He knew exactly what he was doing as his scent lured you deep into his entrance. "Your hand doesn't look alright." Heeseung hummed as your hand oozed with crimson blood when he applied pressure near the wound. The sight of the excessive amount of bright red liquid streaming down to your forearm causing you to wince.

There was something about seeing others bleed that didn't affect you as much as seeing your own. It was as if the wound hurt a thousand times more now that you could visibly see the blood coming out of you.

"I have bandaids in my d-dorm. I think I have tissues in my bag a-actually.." You said a little more light-headed as more blood streamed down the side of your palm. Heeseung's clutch on your flesh only seemed to turn his knuckles white when you said that.

"Is that so?" Heeseung brought your wrist close to his lips to the point where you could feel the steam of his breath hit your flesh. Before you question him further he began licking from where the blood had rolled down, up until the tip of his tongue met the fresh wound. You were at a loss of words as Jungwon yanked you as far away as possible from Heeseung.

Your head went into a blur as Jungwon spun you around with quick steps. You weren't sure what was happening or where he was even dragging you but whatever just happened, had left a weird taste in your mouth.

"Slow down Jungwon... I'm getting really light-headed." You said while clenching onto your forehead but he didn't seem to stop. "Jungwon what's the matter with you?!" You shouted, causing him to finally stop in his tracks.

You caught your breath and kept losing balance trying to stand still. Your head was spinning and you started to feel sick to your stomach.

"I didn't mean for your introduction with Heeseung to be like that... God, this is so messed up? I'll take you to the nurse, don't worry about this all... Shit, I'm so sorry..." He began rambling as he shook his head.

"No... No, it's alright just drop me off to the girl's dorm I'll be fine. I just don't know what's going on. That was just kind of weird... Right? I'm not crazy right?" You just couldn't believe Heeseung had just licked your hand, your blood. It was so alarming and strange.

"Just stay away from him. Please."

_____

Author Nim here, I know the first chapter was super lame but I swear the other chapters get more interesting. Every detail I include in this book is important to make a mental note of. See you in the next chapter! :)