Chance

I walked up to a deep river. I needed water. As I was drinking I saw a some thing that looked like a hand. It was in the center of the water.

It was shaking rapidly. I don't know what got into me, but I lept into the water. I doggy pattled through the water. The hand was becoming lower and lower.

I finally got close enough, to grab it. I grabbed around the wrist with my mouth. I yanked gently. The hand rose. It grasped around my neck. A girl appeared. I started swimming back to the shore.

I reached the shore. I pulled with all my strength. And pulled her out of the water. She laid their quietly, her breath heavy.

Her short hair drenched in water. Her clothes stuck to her skin.

The girl's eyes shot open. She coughed up water a lot of water. She breathed heavey for a few minutes till she noticed me. She looked at my with a surprised look on her face. "Y-you saved my life", she said suddenly.

I looked into her eyes. Her arms wrapped around my neck. I heard small sobs. She finally let me go. "I don't know when or where you came from, but I'm forever grateful for you", she said wiping tears off her cheeks.

I stood their. "It's past 5" she said gasping when a loud bong echoed.

"Oh no I gotta go", she said running. I cocked my head to the left. "Maby she has food", I wondered in my head.

My feet started moving in the direction she went. The house was smaller then the other house. It smelled of mold.

I saw the girl a few feet awat away, she was walking very slowly. She slowly approached the house. I could tell she held her breathe, as she stepped in and closed the door.

Even for me it stunck. I saw a broken window, pizza boxs over the tiny yard. Rat droppings. Dead mice, the house smelt even worse. I saw a man and woman arguing at the table. The girl just sat their. Eating burnt spam.

After a while she pushed out of the chair. And walked outside, she sat on the pavement. I came up to her small droplets of tears were on the cement.

I licked her cheek. "Hey girl did you follow me?" I licked her again. "Sorry about the smell.", she said. "Hey follow me, she said running.". I ran After her. She arched a small gas station. She knocked on the door.

A middle aged man opend the door. "Becky, good to see ya", he said allowing her to come in. She walked in and signalled me to come with her. The gas station was nice, a few shelfs here and their.

She grabbed her bag of her shoulder. "Here go go Chuck"she dumped it and newspapers flew out. "Thanks Becky he said." Becky went to a shelf and grabbed a few things. Chuck grabbed two chairs. And sat them down.

He sat down and eventually so did Becky. Chuck gave me cookies. He and Becky talked for a while.

I saw something.

The worst thing in the world

A

Squirrel!

I ran after it I jolted through the door. I ran and ran and ran for so long. Until it went on the street I saw a truck headed right for it.

Uggg fine ill be a hero to a squirrel, I thought and ran to the squirrel grabbed it and leaped of the road. it scrambled off.

"This is why I don't like squirrels."