lunch time

Patrina and I walked into the cafeteria as chat.
“So, Romanne where are you from?” Patrina asked me as she sort of skip to lunch.

“Originally Florida, but I've moved around a lot like 6 times in the last 7 years,” I replied as we passed the school's noticeboard and I stop in front of it.

The board was a light brown corkboard, with lots of papers pinned to it. Some were posters for stuff like someone warnings about breaking the school rules, others were for meetups and some sign-up forms for clubs.

“Ooh, you gonna sign up for a club, I'm in the baking club,” Patrina remarked as she looked over my shoulder. I nodded whilst looking at the club sign-up sheets, there were lots of sports about fifteen different teams and some other they are roughly 50 clubs entirely.

The two clubs I signed up for was drama and tennis, tennis because I had in my last school team and drama because I have been offered single school play I will possibly be in.

When we got to the cafeteria both me and Patrina went to line up for lunch as we chat.

“You're really nice, and I would love to be friends with you” Patrina blurted out as we stood in line.

“Wow, you're nice too, and I would like to be your friend, Patrina,” I replied to her as a move along in the line.

“Oh, call me Pat or Patty” she beamed at me, By this time we were at the front of the line, and I can see that for dinner was vegetable stew with potatoes or tuna casserole.

I went for the tuna casserole, Patty got the vegetable stew with potatoes. I followed Pat to a table “yum, this looks delicious” she noted as she sat down.

Pat started to eat the green slop with bits of brown and orange in it. I sat there staring at the flaky dry casserole lost in thought.

My thoughts drifted towards history and the red string that was tied around my pinky and who the other end of the sting was tired too.

I was eating when two walked up to the table. I'd looked up at them and one was tall and thin in sensible clothing, the other one was in all dark clothing. I looked at her eyes because of her dark hair stud out. One was a bright green and the other I could not see that well, since her fringe cover it but it seemed purple.

She'd looked at me with a panic in her eyes as she'd muttered "I'm sorry"
, then she'd suddenly turned around then walk almost a runaway. As she went away I finally the string tied around her finger.

“So she is my soulmate”