Chapter 40

Aria

"You don't have to Harry," I assure him as he chews his lip nervously. He takes my hands and kisses the back of them softly as he gathers his thoughts.

"I do though, you see... I fell for her, head over heels. It was so consuming, as if I was drowning but also needed the water to breathe." He begins to explain, "Gemma tried to tell me that it wasn't right but I was so foolishly in love that I didn't care. Then Georgia got pregnant," he confesses and my eyes go wide.

Wait, Harry has a fucking kid?

"I was beyond excited, all I've ever wanted was to play music, find love and be a dad. With those three things I will be truly happy." Harry adds, he sighs and leans back allowing me to snuggle up against him. "I went out and bought a ring, I was going to propose to her right after the ultrasound. When that little blip popped on the screen it was the happiest moment of my life." He pauses as a tear slides down his cheek, "just as I was reaching for the ring she asked what her options were...."

Oh shit.

"I get it, I mean you don't expect to get pregnant when you have sex but it MUST be a possibility in your mind! To have sex is to say I am a responsible person and accept the outcome of this action right?" He trails off.

"It all depends Harry, yes sex is a serious thing and you need to be prepared for what may happen but mistakes and accidents happen as well." I say softly not wanting to upset him.

"I would understand that more if we were struggling or something but we are both multimillionaires! I could stop working tomorrow and be set for life! She just saw the baby as a hindrance to her career."

"What happened?" I ask gently as I take Harry's hand.

"It took her a week or so but she started to become excited, in the end she decided to keep the baby... or so it seemed at least." He sighs, "something didn't feel right so I never went through with the proposal. Then while I was training for Dunkirk she ghosted me, I was completely besides myself. I couldn't talk to her or see her, nothing. Kind of like how I felt yesterday," he adds with a frown. I cup his face and kiss him softly before leaning my forehead against his. "She resurfaced about a month later but was seen with like four other men so that made me question, was I even the father? When I finally got ahold of her abs asked her about the baby she told me that I need not worry about that issue anymore." Harry adds as tears slip down his cheeks.

"I get that it's her body and her choice but I thought we had something, I thought she decided to go through the pregnancy so we could be a family. I couldn't have been more wrong, Jeff did some digging and found out she had terminated the pregnancy as soon as she could. Again, her choice but.... I thought we were in it together." He adds with a heartbreaking sob.

"I'm so sorry Harry," I try to comfort him but torn on my own feelings about it. I've never really heard of men wanting a child so badly, never gave it a thought as to how they would feel in abortion was on the table.

It's a hard place to be, I get wanting to focus on your career and it not being the right time for children however as an adult having sex pregnancy is always a risk. I know that I, myself, am not ready for children but it's heartbreaking to hear how over the moon Harry was just to have it ripped away from him.

"Jeff keeps urging me to press charges, we have her talking about our plans for the baby and our future on tape and in writing but if she really didn't want a child of mine that badly..... What's the point?"

"Harry, don't hate me for saying this but I think you need to forgive her." I suggest cautiously, he narrows his eyes at me as he pulls away. "I don't want you to forgive her for her, I think you need to forgive her for yourself. Holding that kind of anger and loathing for someone poisons you, you are too good for that Harry." I add as I cup his face, his eyes soften and he leans his forehead against mine. "It wasn't fair for her to lead you to believe that you two would have a family, it's not a choice I would make but she did and there is nothing that can change it. We cannot live in the past Harry, doing that will rob us of our future."

"Jeff, mum and Gemma were right you know?" He whispers with a soft smile, "you knew exactly what to say."

"You struggled with telling me?" I question and he nods.

"It's not what anyone wants to hear in a new relationship, the whole I almost had a family with someone else thing. But you, you knew what to say and you're right. I may not ever be able to forget it but it's time I forgive." He explains, "now get dressed. It's time to meet mum and Gemma." Harry adds with a kiss to my forehead.

We quickly dress and check out while Harry calls for his driver, "let's stop by the bakery abs bring breakfast?" I suggest and he agrees.

Soon we're entering Harry's apartment while a dozen of Miss Sally's fritters which I noticed Anne had taken a liking to.

"Mum? Gem?" Harry calls out, voices sound and soon they join us. "Let's try this over again hm? Mum and Gemma, this is Aria Mendes and I am completely in love with her."