7.

I wondered around the party occasionally running into one of my band mates.

"You don't look like your having much fun. There's this really awesome band playing downstairs, their good friends" Pete caught up with me wondering aimlessly and yelled over the noise of the party and music.

"I know, I couldn't get down there, too many people." I said back "I talked to the singer a little earlier."

"Mia is cool as hell, and super hot too!" Pete said. Would it be rude if I agreed? It probably would, I thought she was attractive, and pretty but the word hot seemed objectifying so I just nodded.

I eventually just wondered off and sat down on an empty space on a couch. One by one the strangers sitting on it with me just got up and left. The house was packed full of people but no one would sit on this couch around me, it was very odd and I kept wondering what was wrong with me. I wondered this until I felt the couch unexpectedly sink in beside me making me look over and see Mia's pretty face looking concerned.

"What's wrong?" She leaned over to me so I could hear over all the noise and asked. I could faintly smell the scent of vanilla on her, must be her perfume, what ever it was it made my head spin again.

"Just not having much fun. I wanted to see you play but the basement was so packed it was impossible." I said making her laugh.

"Maybe next time then." She smiled "I usually get out of here after I play, do you want to go get a drink somewhere or something?" She asked. Drink? Does she mean like alcohol? Did she think I was really twenty one?

"I'm only eighteen." I said now sure that my face was showing my embarrassment.

"You could of fooled me. I'm twenty one and I just thought you looked like it too, but you're still a kid." She said.

"Yeah," I said with disappointment.

"Oh! I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you by saying you were a kid." She said apologizing.

"No, no, it's fine." I assured her.

"I also like pizza if you're hungry?" She asked.

"Definatly." A smile came back to my face.

"Do you drive? Because my brother brought us here." She asked.

"Yeah, I do." I confirmed and her face lit up.

"Okay, give me a second to tell him I'm leaving." She said and I nodded and waited on the couch.

Okay, so she was a bit older than me. It's not like this was going to end up some where, but maybe I wanted it to, this is why I did all of this right? Maybe she just wanted to be friends especially since she found out that I was a lot younger than her. I didn't care, this is what I wanted, besides I just liked the way I felt when she was around me and I liked her, and her voice, smile, how warm and soft her hand was when I shook it, her hair, and that vanilla smell.